GM Volt Forum banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I could use a little help if anyone has some ideas, I'm trying to set up the VCX nano so i can reprogram my HPCM2. I've got VX Manager installed, and it can communicate with the nano. I created my SPS subscription, and updated my Java environment. However, when SPS attempts to install the "J2534 Wrapper", it fails every time. And if I skip past this, sps will fail to retrieve VIN from car and reports "severe error". Any ideas?
Figured this issue out. Apparently this is a recent problem with SPS, and I found a Youtube video about it. You need to run IE as an administrator, and then the J2534 wrapper will install ok.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I am having a vcxnano issue also. my PC doens't have a driver for the scanner so it doesn't set it up as a COM port when I plug the usb in. I installed everything in order and can't figure out why it can't find the driver (tech2win, driver mdi, gds2)

·
Registered
307 Posts
it appears I have a bad usb port on the vcxnano, if I hold the cable just right it connects, attempted with multiple cables, same result.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster. I've read through the entire post because I'm looking at buying a vcxnano and buying a TDS membership so that I can reprogram my HPCM2 (due to coolant sensor errors - already ordered the WOT plug). My question is how do I get an account if I'm from Canada? When you try to create an account, the only country available to select is the US. Surely some other Canadians out there have done this?
Thanks

161 - 164 of 164 Posts