GM Volt Forum banner

141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please Help!!

I have purchased a VCX nano and have it interfaced (drivers loaded) for my Windows 7 64 bit pc. I have an AC Delco account and have gotten to the point of trying to launch SPS. When I do I receive an error message "Unable to launch the application SPS V 6.2.59" an error code of "java.lang.nullpointerexception" is indicated.
I have tried updating to the most recent version of java and tried in all the following three webbrowsers...by using Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.
I cannot get SPS to launch to clear the HVC error code in my 11 volt.
So far no reply from Ac Delco.
It seems like a Java issue.
Any ideas or recommendations of specific combos of browser and java version to try?
Have wasted many hours already, please help!
Jay

error launching diag.jpg error launching diag.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought I saw in other posts that it requires Java 8, but perhaps other versions work as well? It might be worth installing both 64 and 32bit versions of Java.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those familiar with the SPS subscription and VCX nano, if one wants to do the A11 radio updates via USB flash drive, is the VCX nano required to read the current versions on the A11 to determine what updates are needed, or does the VIN entered in SPS website suffice? I was able to copy the txt file list of current version #s for my radio to the USB stick through the menu on my 2014 Gen1. So at least I know what is has now, but would like to know if the VCX hardware is necessary or just the subscription. TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a solution to the problem I posted above "Unable to launch the application SPS V 6.2.59" an error code of "java.lang.nullpointerexception" is indicated.

SPS is only compatible with Java 32 bit and must be Java 8 update 45. The most recent java at this time is Java 8 update 223 but this more recent Java is not compatible and will cause the launch error.

To solve the issue I
1) Uninstalled Java (all occurrences) on my computer then restarted the machine
2) Went to "Start". Clicked on computer/user name. Right clicked on SPS folder and selected delete. Restarted computer.
3) Using INTERNET EXPLORER 11 I went to the ACDelco Site and followed the workflow from viewing my subscription. A new page opened which prompted the download of a missing plug in "Java Web Start : Application for executing Java Client Code". Follow the link to download 32 bit Java 8 Update 45.
4) Launch SPS successfully

Please note that only IE 11 is supported as a browser!

·
Registered
4 Posts
it's amazing tool with this cheap price,if you have vxdiag vcx nano gm follow this video to install software

How to install 2018 VM GDS2 GM Tech2win 1.2.160407

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im having issues adding my vin to acdelco site, unable to load sps page. Followed all the steps but stuck in trying to run sps on ie. (Windows 7, ie11 java 8u45) any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So, I guess the ACDelco TDS subscriptions aren't available to us 'drivers' anymore. Seems we need a Vehicle Security Credential VCS ID and Passcode from NASTF to get an account.

My mistake. This isn't required. I just mistyped the 'image code' in the captcha at the bottom.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
So, I guess the ACDelco TDS subscriptions aren't available to us 'drivers' anymore. Seems we need a Vehicle Security Credential VCS ID and Passcode from NASTF to get an account.

FWIW: Just logged into my $40/2yr account verified still able to launch SPS 32-bit java app successfully and I have none of the above info populated in my profile...

·
Registered
2 Posts
A mail from ACDelco in response to my query about this said I should leave these lines blank.. I did this but still got an error for "obligatory" company name and tax number (I'm in France) so invented both and that passed ok.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
SPS is only compatible with Java 32 bit and must be Java 8 update 45. The most recent java at this time is Java 8 update 223 but this more recent Java is not compatible and will cause the launch error.

FYI, just verified no issue launching SPS via latest Version 8 Update 231 32-bit java under ie...

·
Registered
2 Posts
URGENT - Trojan virus on my VCX Nano CD

Windows 10 antivirus just found a "dangerous" virus on the CD that came with my VCX Nano
I've asked Amazon and the seller and the manufacturer to make sure all affected buyers are informed and get a new CD.

Infected file is GDS2.exe

Windows displayed:
Menace detected: Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!rfn
Alert level: Serious
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and it executes commands from a malicious person.
Affected elements:
file: C: \ Users \ Bruce \ Documents \ PERSONAL \ CAR \ VOLT \ PROGRAMMING \ GDS2AutoInstall \ GDS2Install \ GDS2.exe

This is the Nano I bought new on Amazon.com on 12 October from seller Naante. It's still online.

Amazon screen for Nano sold by Naante.jpg

My plain CD just marked with a very small "GM" contained two dossiers and the VX Manager program. Here is the code ticket on the box:

IMG_20191110_130711.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased VCX Nano and installed the GDS2 and T2W software onto an old 32 bit Win-10 mini-laptop I have always used for automotive diagnostics. Well, on GDS2 I get the 'no valid lease found'. I've wiped and reloaded Java (v8-241). I have set Win 10 to compatibility mode for Win 7. My CD came with the 2019-2 version of GDS2 and did not have any Virtual Machine software. Is the latest GDS2 able to run without a VM environment? Or, is my CD incomplete? I've also downloaded and installed the same version from VXDIAGSHOP.COM with the same result.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Windows 10 antivirus just found a "dangerous" virus on the CD that came with my VCX Nano
I've asked Amazon and the seller and the manufacturer to make sure all affected buyers are informed and get a new CD.

Infected file is GDS2.exe

Windows displayed:
Menace detected: Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!rfn
Alert level: Serious
Category: Trojan
Details: This program is dangerous and it executes commands from a malicious person.
Affected elements:
file: C: \ Users \ Bruce \ Documents \ PERSONAL \ CAR \ VOLT \ PROGRAMMING \ GDS2AutoInstall \ GDS2Install \ GDS2.exe

This is the Nano I bought new on Amazon.com on 12 October from seller Naante. It's still online.

View attachment 159863

My plain CD just marked with a very small "GM" contained two dossiers and the VX Manager program. Here is the code ticket on the box:

View attachment 159865
I see chinese did not stop working on PC viruses or it might be pirated version of software CD, probably could be found on Russian torrent websites.
please can you post updates regarding your progress ?

ta

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just purchased VCX Nano and installed the GDS2 and T2W software onto an old 32 bit Win-10 mini-laptop I have always used for automotive diagnostics. Well, on GDS2 I get the 'no valid lease found'. I've wiped and reloaded Java (v8-241). I have set Win 10 to compatibility mode for Win 7. My CD came with the 2019-2 version of GDS2 and did not have any Virtual Machine software. Is the latest GDS2 able to run without a VM environment? Or, is my CD incomplete? I've also downloaded and installed the same version from VXDIAGSHOP.COM with the same result.
Put it in the VMplayer

·
Registered
21 Posts
The GDS.exe is not a virus. Needs to be flagged as safe in your antivirus software. You must launch the GDS.exe to get a valid license indication. The program checks to ensure you have a VCX nano before allowing the GDS2 software to work. The latest Tis2web java drivers over writes the MDI2 driver the VCX nano uses for GDS2 to operate. Need to use the VX Mananger to reinstall the drivers for the Nano.
tis2web update repair.jpg

·
1,027 Posts
The GDS.exe is not a virus. Needs to be flagged as safe in your antivirus software. You must launch the GDS.exe to get a valid license indication. The program checks to ensure you have a VCX nano before allowing the GDS2 software to work. The latest Tis2web java drivers over writes the MDI2 driver the VCX nano uses for GDS2 to operate. Need to use the VX Mananger to reinstall the drivers for the Nano.
View attachment 160683
Its marked as a virus because they used hacking tools to package it and obfuscate the code. It is pirated. do you really think you can buy a $3000 instrument and program on amazon for $120?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Using VCX Nano to fix FMM

I’ll relate my positive experience with the VCX Nano and my 2011 Volt.

I rarely use gasoline – basically only when required to do so by EMM and FMM. Once a year I get the Fuel Maintenance Mode warning and need to burn off gas. Usually this is very little as I only put the minimum amount in after the previous FMM. Sometimes this process works as intended; twice it has not.

On these two occasions after the old fuel has burned off and new fuel put in, the FMM mode won’t go away. The warning message still displays when the car is started, but the gasoline engine does not engage for normal FMM. Instead, while I’m driving, the vehicle seems to be in some kind of weird Mountain Mode. The car repeatedly runs on battery until it uses up a few percentage points of stored charge, then the gas engine comes on and charges the battery back up at which point the engine turns off. The gas pump is displayed continuously on the driver’s display, even when the gas engine is not running. All miles driven are counted as gasoline miles.

The first time this happened I had to take the car to the dealer and have them fix it to the tune of $90. The service invoice mentioned resetting the fuel age. When it happened a second time three years later, I decided to take a shot at fixing it myself.

I purchased a VCX Nano, went through the lengthy and annoying software install phase and then tried connecting it to my car. Eventually I got all the connection issues resolved and was able to access the GDS2 program. There is a pretty daunting amount of information there with no documentation. No doubt the guiding thought is, 'if you have to ask what something means, you shouldn’t be using the program'.

Eventually I found what I was looking for, “Average Fuel Age Reset”. The fuel age was showing 373 days, even with all new fuel. I reset the age to 1 day and like magic, the gas pump immediately disappeared and the battery came back on the display. The next time I started the car there was no FMM message and the car ran normally.

Now I suppose one could just keep resetting the fuel age once a year and never have FMM. I won’t comment on the wisdom of doing that, but if you do need to find this setting, here are the steps.

2011 Volt using VCX Nano with 2016 GDS2 software
> Module Diagnostics
....> Engine Control Module
........> Configuration/Reset Functions
............> Reset Functions
................> Average Fuel Age Reset
....................> Set new value of 1

While poking around in GDS2 I found a few other interesting items, notably:

Body Control Module – Tire Pressure Sensors Learn

Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 - Charging Cord Theft Alarm

Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module - Reset High Voltage Disable Request After Crash Event Detected

(This last one may or may not be how to reset the car if the main orange disconnect below the console storage is pulled. I believe this usually requires a tow to the shop and a reset if it is removed.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I could use a little help if anyone has some ideas, I'm trying to set up the VCX nano so i can reprogram my HPCM2. I've got VX Manager installed, and it can communicate with the nano. I created my SPS subscription, and updated my Java environment. However, when SPS attempts to install the "J2534 Wrapper", it fails every time. And if I skip past this, sps will fail to retrieve VIN from car and reports "severe error". Any ideas?

141 - 160 of 164 Posts