GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the Morec EVSE from Amazon. It's perfect for my 2017 Volt. I mounted mine in a weatherproof electrical box for added protection and theft proof. Charge time is about 4 hours from empty. Since my electric box has a 6-20p plug, it's an easy plug and play. If it ever fails, I can just go buy another one and plug it in without rewiring. So far it's been great. I've bought it since February of last year.

View attachment 174527 View attachment 174528

·
Registered
115 Posts
My 2017 Volt that I bought 2.5 years ago came with 2 cables, the original EVSE, and the predecessor to the Morec. The pre Morec has worked wonderfully and I use it with my 2019 Bolt. Never gets hot and the 16 amps gives 12 mph of charging, so on the Bolt it will deliver 120 miles in 10 hours which is quite enough.
I converted my defunct AC supply cable to a Nema 6-20R power station for $50 with a outdoor 240V all weather outlet from Home Depot.

Afterward, I found out that the original EVSE has the model number that is able to handle 240V @ 12amps, but I have not tried to find an adapter for it. It now serves as a second power station on my outdoor 110V plugs close to the other power station.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts