GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Volt LT Cajun Red
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one had good or bad thoughts on these two Level 1-2 EVSE cables/Chargers?

Price is right for my budget and I have 20Amp 240V outlet with NEMA 6-20 outlet in my garage.

·
Registered
2018 Volt LT Cajun Red
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked up one of these shipped to my local NAPA. Mainly got it because Schumacher is a brand that I had actually heard of and had experience with for DC Golf Cart chargers in the past. It's been rock solid for me. Also, it's 28-ft vs the 25-ft that I typically see on these sub-$100 EVSEs.

Thanks for the input. I saw the Schumaker one from previous postings in the forum. How long does it take to charge from empty to full on 220V? Also do you have to switch to 16amps or does it do that automatically? I think one of the one I was looking at you had to press a button to switch every time you use it or it defaults to 8AMP charging.

·
Registered
2018 Volt LT Cajun Red
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Morec EVSE from Amazon. It's perfect for my 2017 Volt. I mounted mine in a weatherproof electrical box for added protection and theft proof. Charge time is about 4 hours from empty. Since my electric box has a 6-20p plug, it's an easy plug and play. If it ever fails, I can just go buy another one and plug it in without rewiring. So far it's been great. I've bought it since February of last year.

View attachment 174527 View attachment 174528
Thanks microVOLT I was leaning toward the More based on the reviews.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts