GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I made a script that connect to myvolt website and download the mileage history for your car. You can schedule this script to run each day and the stats will just be added to one CSV file.

New version, February 25, 2013
The new version include now the charging history.

I will soon include the efficient mileage data.

Instruction
Download curl (http://curl.haxx.se/download.html)
Download the TXT file,
Open it and edit the first part.
After close the txt and rename the file extension to be .vbs
Try to run it, file named stats-mileage.csv should be creating.

To schedule in the task manager just create a new task:
Program to run: wscript.exe
Parameter/arguments: path to the vbs file.

Let me know if you have any problem!
Download and rename this document to be in .vbs extension. Edit with notepad the document to add your login information
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bxg--5e-GFjkSHZIaWZhUXR4c2s/edit?usp=sharing

***Note: This script is base on the remote start script (http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?9967-Script-to-start-the-Volt&highlight=remote+start). Thanks Ohm for your help.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I always wanted to post a list of what data points we can collect this way using the script and the myvolt website.
You may already have a list and can post it ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get almost any data posted on the myvolt website.
I'm working on getting the information that the apps is getting but that is another story.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just updated the script to include the charging history. Let me know if you have any issue.

Regards,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with the Remotelink or Startup VBS scripts that Destinet had written (thanks, Destinet!).

I've been using the RemoteLink script without any problems since March. Since the weather is starting to get colder I figured that I'd also set up the script which will precondition my Volt. I ran it a few times but the script kept getting stopped because it didn't think that my Volt was plugged in. I was curious about what data the script was getting back so I added some additional debugging information and probed a few URLs. After a few more tries, though, the script started failing in the login portion of the script.

Right at that same time the Remotelink script started having the same problem (failing to log in). The RemoteLinkDebug.txt log shows a 403 error and "SUB_STATUS_CODE_C403_118Failed to get the app session key."

I know that the OnStar systems occasionally have problems so I don't know if I'm just a victim of bad timing or if my account was somehow flagged as a result of the probing around that I was doing.

Is anybody else running either of these scripts successfully?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes I have had the same problem... it started this morning.
I was going to give it a few days before I wasted my time just to fine out it was something onstar did...

Hang in there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I guess it's not just me, then. That's good to know.

It looks like my script started having the login problem on September 17th. I also figured that I'd wait a few days to see if the problem cleared up but, at least as of now, my scripts still can't log in.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
same, I have not look at all the log files but did see a login change. Would guess our remote start script has the same problem ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well,

It's been 2 weeks since my scripts have run successfully. Creating these scripts is a bit above my ability but I think that I understand the gist of what they're trying to do. From what I can tell the problem is occurring right at the beginning of the script where the calls are getting made to the web service which handles logging into OnStar. In my case, at least, it looks like I'm getting a "403 Forbiden" error returned when that web service is getting called.

There are 2 different sets of credentials getting passed to that web service: my own OnStar username and password and a 2nd username and password which are hardcoded into the script itself. I think the call looks something like this (with my username and password replaced by x's):

https://sts.onstar.com/webservices-gateway/service/rs/idm/7262348/UsernameToken('Saml20Token')?username=xxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx&device_id=51a4191540c69122ba5f58b511bc8a37fb8a6b9e1&partner_app_id=REMOTELINK_IP_1_6&partner_app_password=RemoteLinkIp_20121307

If I had to guess (and I do, since I don't really know what I'm talking about here) I'd guess that the "partner_app_id" and/or "partner_app_password" values aren't valid anymore. I'm know that my own credentials are still valid since I'm able to log into MyVolt.com using my username and password.

Does anyone know what values should be passed in through these scripts now or some other way of getting these scripts to run again?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I think we have 3 + people here who have tinkered with the original script , lets hope they have some time to look into what is going on. Mike Rosack may has some inside information to offer up.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/11/onstar-gives-volt-owners-what-they-want-their-data-in-the-cloud/

here is a link with some partner app information

Last year a few of us were thinking about making something like the script into an Apple app but after seeing all runaround Mike Rosack was put through I am going to let someone charge the windmills.

All I wanted to do was spoof the tire pressure system ( when not moving) to add a few parameters for remote reading.
(GPS location,Voltage,temperature)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I am one of those tinkerers. I had modified the script to send an email alert if the Volt was not plugged in. I did this as the RemoteLink alerts were not working for me. Anyway, I just checked and I am also getting the same error "SUB_STATUS_CODE_C403_118Failed to get the app session key."

I have RemoteLink installed in BlueStacks (emulates Android environment in Windows). I did this so I could download Android apps so I could convert them to run in my BlackBerry Z10. Anyway, I checked with wireshark to see all the packets being sent to GM/OnStar. Unfortunately all the packets are encrypted so it did not reveal anything.

Anyone else have any ideas?

As a curious side note, the version of Remotelink I had installed stopped working around 9/18 and I was informed I had to download a new version. I wonder if that change coincides with this issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts