GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An email arrived just now announcing that WeatherTech is now shipping their version of the Volt Cargo Liner:

Here's the link to the MY2012 product:

http://www.weathertech.com/chevrolet/2012/volt/cargo-liner/

Change the "year" in the link for your MY. The photos now on the website are not of our Volt at the moment...

·
Administrator
20,582 Posts
An email arrived just now announcing that WeatherTech is now shipping their version of the Volt Cargo Liner:
Meh. After two winters and many rains I can say my optional, heavy duty OEM Volt cargo mat is great. As are the ones for the passengers. Having experienced the Chevy rubber mats, Weathertech is an overpriced me too that is two years late and that does nothing for sound deadening. It also lacks the cast-in-place Volt logo that my rubber mats have. Save money and get a better mat from Chevy. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Glad to hear it...I just ordered an OEM cargo mat. $72.80, $12 to ship.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with both of you ... I wouldn't get WT at their prices.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I just called weathetech and they said they will have the floor liners in approx 4 weeks.

I personally love the DigiFit Floor Liners by Weathertech.

They fit like a glove and they are not just flat they contour upwards like a pan.

I cant wait.

·
Administrator
20,582 Posts
I have Weathertech in my other car. I too thought their pan approach was a good idea. But having lived with both the GM deep-ribbed rubber mats and the weathertech bedpans, I now would choose the GM mats. They feel nicer, look nicer, add soundproofing, and they have been as useful and the weathertechs in practice. Plus, they cost less.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Lucky I don't need this stuff in AZ! But going for 117F tomorrow so there is a down side.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I generally run WT liners in all three of my previous cars but they didn't have a figment for the Volt so I bought the Husky liners instead. The Husky liners definitely look cheaper but they generally work better than the WT units. At least in the Prius. We tested this by pouring cups of water onto the mats and driving around normally. The Husky units didn't leak!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
S_D ... don't you ever bring plants and bags of whatever home from the nursery? Cargo Liners are a 'must-have' if your cargo is full of or is dirt, and so forth ;o)

·
Registered
304 Posts
S_D ... don't you ever bring plants and bags of whatever home from the nursery? Cargo Liners are a 'must-have' if your cargo is full of or is dirt, and so forth ;o)
Yeah, we don't have any real weather to speak of here but things do happen. You pick up a bag of mulch on the way home from work, or maybe a milk carton or bag of flour leaks after you leave the grocery store. It's better to have a rubber cargo mat that you can just take out and hose off.

I don't care for rubber floor mats though. For that matter, I don't like the OEM carpet mats in my Volt either, they look and feel cheap and flimsy. Does anybody make a heavy-duty carpet mat that locks into the Volt floor anchors AND has a rubber heel-pad under the pedal?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yeah, we don't have any real weather to speak of here but things do happen. You pick up a bag of mulch on the way home from work, or maybe a milk carton or bag of flour leaks after you leave the grocery store. It's better to have a rubber cargo mat that you can just take out and hose off.

Weather Tech makes great products. We have sets in both our cars. They fit perfectly and they are made in the USA. Quality by design. If I get a Volt, I will surely get a set of Weather Techs for it. I am glad to hear they now offer them.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've been to their factory store several times. Really nice place with a super nice staff. They are 100% USA made as mentioned above. They make a quality product. Anybody in the Chicago area should go check it out. I love their products.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

I don't care for rubber floor mats though. For that matter, I don't like the OEM carpet mats in my Volt either, they look and feel cheap and flimsy. Does anybody make a heavy-duty carpet mat that locks into the Volt floor anchors AND has a rubber heel-pad under the pedal?[/QUOTEX]

That's because you don't deal with snow and sleet in the winter...:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
That's because you don't deal with snow and sleet in the winter...:)
I assure you, that's not by accident. :cool:

I do deal with them at my vacation home in the local mountains, but my Blazer comes out of the bullpen in the winter. Actually I'm heading there for the 4th, it'll be interesting to see how well the Volt climbs up to 7000 feet.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
i bought a complete set of weather tech for my suburban and they have no spikes on the back side...... they move around. i bought full sets of husky for both volts and my civic si, they have spikes, stay in place and fit great. wish i would have bought husky for the suburban instead.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would not have ordered the Chevy mats when I bought the car, but the only one in the state that was what I wanted had the full mat set.

That said, I like them and think I would have would have bought them by now anyway (after seeing them).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts