GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Where, might I ask, do you park? My 2014 has nothing in the door, that's bizarre.

·
Registered
102 Posts
well that ain't right.....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where, might I ask, do you park? My 2014 has nothing in the door, that's bizarre.
Just like everyone else, I park under a waterfall ;)

I have a garage at home but during the day we had like 3 days of rain, so that might have something to do with it...

·
Administrator
20,220 Posts
I remember my buddy drilled a hole since the real drain holes are clogged.
That seems like an extreme and unneeded response given that the door already has two drain holes. I'd recommend removing the black rubber air baffles that are inserted into those two holes and check they are not clogged. Drilling holes = rust starters. Just clean the baffles, or remove them instead of drilling holes.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
814 Posts
just gave my doors a quick open and close , back and forth, heard no swishing of water in door
think i'm ok

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
4est has other issues he needs to deal with and I wouldn't wait. The "drains" that he found aren't at the lowest point, the single hole at the front of the door is. Without cleaning that there is still a pile of water in there and worse yet, sitting in the seam.
If it was my car I'd pull the door panel off, clean everything up in there and spray some rust preventing product in there like Krown or Rust Check. Otherwise the bottom of the door is going to be a rusty mess in no time.
Just my two cents...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
That's a good point. I'd use Waxoil type spray from an aerosol can. It's what the British car guys use and if anybody knows rust it's these guys. :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's a good point. I'd use Waxoil type spray from an aerosol can. It's what the British car guys use and if anybody knows rust it's these guys. :p
In the US I would recomend Fluid film. Its lanolin based waxy product that displaces water and doesn't trap it. Perfect for places like the inside of the door panel here.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4est has other issues he needs to deal with and I wouldn't wait. The "drains" that he found aren't at the lowest point, the single hole at the front of the door is. Without cleaning that there is still a pile of water in there and worse yet, sitting in the seam.
If it was my car I'd pull the door panel off, clean everything up in there and spray some rust preventing product in there like Krown or Rust Check. Otherwise the bottom of the door is going to be a rusty mess in no time.
Just my two cents...

View attachment 171261
Indeed they were clogged with stuff
I cleaned them, I used a water hosepipe to inject water into the rubber holes until all gunk came out from the drain holes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts