GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like they should change the name of the parking spots from "green parking" to "volt parking" lol you can really see my taillight and reverse reflector light mods. :) one year strong! Love the volt. (Yorkdale mall in toronto)
IMG_20140621_194408.jpg

·
Registered
350 Posts
But is anybody as pissed off as me that they charge an arm and a leg to plug in? ... especially because everyone else gets a number of hours free parking in the same spot. Almost every other place around the GTA is free.

Write them to complain at: [email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True! They charge $2 an hour... For about 40cents of electricity.... Its a joke... I understand the chargers cost money but a 500% mark-up is a little steep.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
I would not charge at that rate if I had a Volt. But the parking is free, anyway.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
2 ½ years on, and I still have not been able to park next to another Volt, and never used a public charger. In fact, I take a kind of perverse pride in leaving them for the Leafs of the world - but it's mainly that I never need one when I come across it. BTW, there is free charging at Bramalea City Centre, and a return ticket from there to Yorkdale on the GO bus is about $10. That's a pretty good deal, unless you enjoy the drive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
At work we have 3 spots, one Level 2 and 2 level 1 outlets that can handle the 12 amp. I usually leave the level 2 for the leafs but sometimes when I feel a bit mean I take the level and smile a bit.

2 ½ years on, and I still have not been able to park next to another Volt, and never used a public charger. In fact, I take a kind of perverse pride in leaving them for the Leafs of the world - but it's mainly that I never need one when I come across it. BTW, there is free charging at Bramalea City Centre, and a return ticket from there to Yorkdale on the GO bus is about $10. That's a pretty good deal, unless you enjoy the drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts