GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/gm-recalling-chevy-volts-prevent-battery-fires-164320241.html;_ylt=AiIcDTi15TzhicotQOLR5Wbxh7l_

I am consistently dissapointed by the negative comments found in the comments section of most articles I see on major news outlets concerning the Volt. Seeing as we have hundreds or maybe even thousands of daily viewers on this site, I think we should bombard articles like this with positive comments about the Volt. The only way to change public opinion about the Volt is to make our voices heard. If you go to the above link, you will see that I have been swimming upstream trying to beat back the horde of negative Volt comments.

The Volt is not about being republican or democrat, it's about a revolutionary, quality vehicle that can reduce our dependence on foreign oil and lower our greenhouse gas emmissions. If we can convince people it's just a great car and not a political statement, we may be able to change some minds.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It shouldn't be about politics, but it is. The biggest bomb you can drop in those comment sections is how the Republicans created the incentives to build the current crop of electrics. So if they hate the Volt, they hate the Republicans. That shuts up the Republicans, and the Democrats still feel some ownership so they stay quiet.

Here's the link to back up the statement pulled from another thread on here:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/26/george-w-bush-father-modern-electric-car/

·
Registered
857 Posts
Please don't be upset about what others say or think. You know you own the world's safest, most innovative car. Just tune your to your favorite XM radio station and enjoy a perfect drive to work tomorrow. Then when you plug in tomorrow night realize you didn't burn any imported gasoline and you traveled in the world's most efficient car.

WVhybrid

·
Registered
26 Posts
...The biggest bomb you can drop in those comment sections is how the Republicans created the incentives to build the current crop of electrics. ...

Here's the link to back up the statement pulled from another thread on here:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/26/george-w-bush-father-modern-electric-car/
Thanks for that link. That confirms my rather fuzzy memory on the topic AND it comes from Fox News. An excellent reference to use with my more conservative friends and relatives... (I actually consider myself a conservative, but some folks... Well they take conservative to a whole new level!)

guess I need set up sig file---2012 Volt Owner ---

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
hapless souls in a zombie movie

I agree completely with WVhybrid:

Please don't be upset about what others say or think. You know you own the world's safest, most innovative car. Just tune your to your favorite XM radio station and enjoy a perfect drive to work tomorrow. Then when you plug in tomorrow night realize you didn't burn any imported gasoline and you traveled in the world's most efficient car.​
These people are not unlike those hapless souls in a zombie movie. For whatever reasons, they have decided that they do not wish to take part in the 21st century, and feel threatened by having the choice. At this stage of the game, the manufacturers are better off selling electric vehicles to forward thinkers, the technically interested, car guys, etc. The people who can't remember to plug in their computer before trying to turn it on are not the ones you want to service during your initial product roll out.

Enjoy the finest vehicle ever made; it's good to be alive :)

·
1,101 Posts
I think of it more along these lines:

If Iran does something really stupid and tries a blockade of the shipping lanes in the Straight or Hormuz, oil prices will go through the roof. At that point, we are going to look very smart to most drivers as we continue to drive past gasoline stations.............

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-price-skyrocket-iran-closed-142205272.html

But I am sure that Fox news will find some way to blame the Volt for that mess as well!

JMHO

C-5277

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've read those same comments over and over the past year....they vary little from one site to the next.....kinda makes you lose faith in humanity.....I guess they are happy to sit at home and draw pictures on their cave walls.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
There are still people who will not buy an American-made car ever-again because their radiator leaked on a Chevy Caprice in 1993 also known as the "beached whale".

It's hard to sway "the public". Do what you can with friends and neighbors and hope that leaks out beyond that circle.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Please don't be upset about what others say or think. You know you own the world's safest, most innovative car. Just tune your to your favorite XM radio station and enjoy a perfect drive to work tomorrow. Then when you plug in tomorrow night realize you didn't burn any imported gasoline and you traveled in the world's most efficient car.

WVhybrid
I'm with you on this. I tend to read these articles and the followup comments but always find myself a little depressed that people are so close-minded and easily misinformed. I'm just going to enjoy the car and ignore the folks who'll be cursing next time gas hits $4.5 a gallon.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
There are still people who will not buy an American-made car ever-again because their radiator leaked on a Chevy Caprice in 1993 also known as the "beached whale".
Those "Anti-Americans" are exactly those who deserve a petroleum enema to clear up their "hearts"!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just posted a rather lengthy reply to this article. I kept it civil and tried to diffuse some of the misinformation. Probably won' t matter but at least I tried.

Dan

·
Registered
379 Posts
Scanning through those comments, it occurs to me I have never, ever met someone with views like many of them *in person*. Which is a shame, because it would be a lot of fun.

Sure, they exist, but they are the fringe. Joe Average does not have or care to spend any time posting semi-literate (a surprisingly common theme) rants on a frggin' Yahoo article. Even my father in law, who is the opposite - somewhere left of Karl Marx *and* loves to argue about everything under the sun - doesn't waste time posting crap to random strangers.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Scanning through those comments, it occurs to me I have never, ever met someone with views like many of them *in person*. Which is a shame, because it would be a lot of fun.

Sure, they exist, but they are the fringe. Joe Average does not have or care to spend any time posting semi-literate (a surprisingly common theme) rants on a frggin' Yahoo article. Even my father in law, who is the opposite - somewhere left of Karl Marx *and* loves to argue about everything under the sun - doesn't waste time posting crap to random strangers.
I agree, I'm often amazed just how much angst there is in most of these posts. Some of them simply need to get a hobby!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts