1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Surprisingly there are very little details on the XT4. I hope we do see a strong PHEV in the lineup.

I'd imagine we will see the details of this vehicle soon during this auto show season. Very latest would likely be the New York Auto show started at the very end of March.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Unfortunately no mention of a Voltec version. I'd be more excited to see that. But I guess the release of the full ICE version is a necessary pre-condition seeing a Voltec derivative.

Surprisingly there are very little details on the XT4. I hope we do see a strong PHEV in the lineup
The spy shots showed a front flap where a charger would plug in, suggesting there would be a Voltec version. Would be the same powertrain used in the CT6 hybrid.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The spy shots showed a front flap where a charger would plug in, suggesting there would be a Voltec version. Would be the same powertrain used in the CT6 hybrid.
Yup I've seen the spy photo's. I'm hoping that is a flap for a charge port and not simply a gap in the camo that they needed to plug.

I highly doubt this will be the CT6 hybrid powertrain as the Omega platform is RWD based and the CT6 system is longitudinally mounted.

The article claims this is based of the Malibu platform (E2 platform). If so this might be closer to the Volt's powertrain. Though I have also heard rumors that this might also be off the D2 platform (same platform as Equinox and Volt).

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Yup I've seen the spy photo's. I'm hoping that is a flap for a charge port and not simply a gap in the camo that they needed to plug.

I highly doubt this will be the CT6 hybrid powertrain as the Omega platform is RWD based and the CT6 system is longitudinally mounted.
My hope as well. But it would be weird to have a random flap exactly where the plug port would be.

I'm sure the XT4 hybrid will be FWD. I meant that the 2.0L turbo engine and battery would be the same as that used in the CT6 hybrid. Battery placement would have to be different in order to allow the seats to fold down.

·
Registered
679 Posts
They may use the camo panel parts on a variety of vehicles and thus that port is for vehicles that need it... in any event, I'd never buy one the first year... Give them at least a year to work out the bugs. I've learned my lesson on that one!
But it would be weird to have a random flap exactly where the plug port would be

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
All I can say is that if this has a PHEV variant, it had better not cost stupid money this time. I'd like to put the wife in one, but not for $80K.

·
Administrator
21,042 Posts
I'd never buy one the first year... Give them at least a year to work out the bugs. I've learned my lesson on that one!
My 2011 Volt has been the best car I have owned hands down. I've spent $260 in maintenance with 95,000 miles. The car has been rock solid.

The 2017 Bolt EV is just 6 months old, but so far, it too has been trouble free. But you kind of expect that in a new car.

All I can say is that if this has a PHEV variant, it had better not cost stupid money this time. I'd like to put the wife in one, but not for $80K.
Prepare to be disappointed. It's Cadillac. They wanted $75k for an upscaled Volt. Nicely upscaled, but still.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Prepare to be disappointed. It's Cadillac. They wanted $75k for an upscaled Volt. Nicely upscaled, but still.
I am, thanks. Buick may save the day if the rumors are true. I just have to figure out how to the switch the body parts and she'll never know it isn't a Cadillac. ;)

·
Administrator
21,042 Posts
I am, thanks. Buick may save the day if the rumors are true. I just have to figure out how to the switch the body parts and she'll never know it isn't a Cadillac. ;)
Or, just get a Caddy badge, nameplate, and a medallion for the steering wheel :)

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
"General Motors Co. is gearing up one of its car plants to build a new Cadillac crossover with hopes of reversing the luxury brand’s sales slump in the U.S., according to people familiar with the matter."

Woo Hoo. PHEV XT4 FTW!

Cadillac got caught out of step with the market when luxury buyers’ preference swung from sport sedans to SUVs. The brand’s only new SUV, the XT5, has outsold its predecessor, the SRX, by 46% this year. At the same time, Cadillac’s car lineup — which includes the excellent ATS, CTS and CT6 – is down 23.9% through November.

That’s why GM poured Cadillac resources into building vehicles in China instead of developing SUVs for the U.S. earlier, brand chief Johan de Nysschen said. “Chinese sales made the investment to compete globally possible. We had to exploit the Chinese market quickly” after the Great Recession.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts