GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gtgpass.gif

For future Seattle, WA Volt owners' information: The GoodToGo electronic tolling RFID stickers work fine through windshield of the Volt.

Many of today's cars have special coatings or materials embedded in the windshield to reduce IR (infrared) transmission, this helps reduce the load on air conditioning on hot days. The Volt is one of these vehicles, and since some of these materials also block RF (radio frequency) emissions, I was worried we'd have problems.

I tried researching this beforehand but had no luck. (For those not in Seattle: They just turned on the system two weeks ago.) Earlier this week I decided to just go for it and see what happens. Buy sticker + apply sticker + drive across 520 bridge... and wait.... and wait...

The toll deduction was posted on the GoodToGo web site sometime last night.

So it's all good!

Now we know. :)

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
In Illinois (and many states) we have I-Pass (aka, EZ Pass, etc.). I put my I-Pass transmitter in the Volts top of the dash chubby hole and drove the tolls in NY, PA, OH, IN, and IL without any issues. All communicated with the hidden transmitter. No need to attach the transmitter to the window.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks SeattleRoger! I don't have my pass but good to know it works! Do you have the simple sticker or the one you can turn on and off?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wonder if it would work with it just sitting in the cubbyhole on the dash like Steverino's? Be nice not to have to stick it to the windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts