GM Volt Forum banner

Would you wait for a better looking E-REV?

• I would wait only if it had better performance too.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I would wait no matter what. I want a nice looking car.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I wouldn't wait. Give me my Volt now.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I would buy a Volt and then trade it latter.

Votes: 2 12.5%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say in January at the NAIAS another company, or GM division commits to building an E-REV that is sexier and sportier than the Volt and in the same price range, but estimates that release would be late 2011 to early 2012, would you wait for it?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Let's say in January at the NAIAS another company, or GM division commits to building an E-REV that is sexier and sportier than the Volt and in the same price range, but estimates that release would be late 2011 to early 2012, would you wait for it?
My only motivations for waiting would be limited availability and a waiting list, which I happen to expect; waiting for the price to come down as what happens with most new technologies (PC, cell phone, high-def TVs, etc.); and waiting for any bugs to be worked out in future models. Body design doesn't matter.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would wait, even if the mpc is less, because:

1) I can. I can afford my gas bills now, and in the "forseeable" future. Barring some catastrophic event.

2) I want a nicer looking car than the current Volt and the opportunity to drive gas free. I do not have a 40 mpc commandment.

3) I want our future cars to be inspiring in a design and experience and I will do all I can to support that view. Lord knows, we need something to get us out of the house, isolated from cellphones, and away from computers.

Caveat: I will only buy a GM EREV so, come on Pontiac, don't let me down!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts