GM Volt Forum banner

Would this 25 foot cord work with the Power Xpress?

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  lukeabell 
#1 · (Edited)
I need a 25 foot cord for the Power Xpress as it will not reach my house without it, and "trenching" the power cord is more expensive according to the electrician.

Would this cord work for the Power Xpress? If not, are there any 25 foot cords available? The one offered by SPX will not be in stock for another month or so according to sales.

If not, can anyone recommend a different charging station to purchase with a longer cord?

Thanks!

Luke

oops, forgot link: http://store.leviton.com/Electric-V...archRank=salesrank&searchSize=12#.UPczBKHHc9V

#6 ·
Luke, the Leviton cable will work and is the cheapest around. A few here have used them, their only complaint has been that the cable is a little stiff. If I were you however I would buy their 75A cable instead of the 30A. Then you'll be able to crank your Power Xpress up to its full 32A capability later on if you get a 6.6kW EV.

http://store.leviton.com/Electric-V...archRank=salesrank&searchSize=12#.UPdQtYl5nTo

The Power Xpress is not sealed like the Voltec, you can open the case removing some screws.

#9 ·
Once again, these are refurbished EVSEs from the now defunct MINI E field trial program (2009 ~ 2010). Nate, what kind of reliability test has your friend performed. Based on the location of the seller (Pomona, CA), this is the same seller who retrofitted the yellow 120V Clipper Creek EVSE.

#12 ·
Not to hijack the thread, but the clipper creeks are like new. The charging cord and J1772 connector is new on all units. You would be hard-pressed to tell them from new. Also, the only thing that would really wear out is the cord and connector, and they have been replaced. My four units arrived with the knockouts still in, in the original box, so I think these may actually be unused, but can't be sold as new.

I just ordered a fifth unit for a friend, what a bargain!

Nate

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.