GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Count me as being on board for WOT's preventative measure solution for this Gen1 lingering issue. I would much rather avoid having to make the 'drive of shame' into the GM service dept. just to have the HPCM2 reprogramed in order to clear the latched DTCs caused by a failing sensor!:D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Rather odd that this Chevrolet Customer Svc account is radio silent for the last 3 weeks and then suddenly decides to pop up in this thread?:confused:

Morley Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Chevrolet Volt Advisor

From what I understand, this account is shared between the staff contracted by GM to operate the Volt/Spark/ELR Advisor team(s) and aren't GM employees. I hope there would be no need for lawyers.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Checking in to let WOT know the plug has been received and installed on my Gen1 as of this morn.

My Volt is now charging following lifting the negative terminal off of the 12V AGM battery directions from the instruction notes resulting in success with NO DTCs currently latched!;)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Any idea if it is simply a normally open or normally closed type of switch? If working and normally closed, install a green led, if normally open, install a red led.

Just a thought.

From what I understand, this battery coolant level sensor is a resistance value rather then normally open or closed type circuit.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
OK, so is this the plug I need to remove? And where do I insert the defeat plug? Into the coolant tank part, or the loose dangley plug?

WOT's plug is intended to take the place of the sensor in your pic so you would disconnect the sensor and then insert the connector into his plug and then tiewrap it back onto the loom out of the way using the single tie wrap that was enclosed. I just ended up leaving the sensor in-place but you could also remove this if you wish...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Out of curiosity (sorry if I've missed it and this has been asked and answered), how does the sensor work if there is no contact with anything. Is it capacitive?
WOT explained in earlier posts that the sensor resistance output is based on how it detects the level of the float in the tank thru a magnet I believe...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
1 - 10 of 12 Posts