GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Could an app like Torque Pro be used to clear a SHVCS message via an OBDII adapter? Then if this error did pop up, we could clear it, order the part, and install it? Or is the only way to clear the SHVCS code at the dealer?

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Burden of proof is on the manufacturer to prove that an after-market part was actually cause of an issue that occurs after the part is installed. If you owned a car, installed a hitch to only carry your bike, and your engine blows down the road, the manufacturer can't just go "Oh, you installed a hitch, so you must have been towing things that exceeded the maximum rated tow capacity of the car, so we're not replacing your engine under warranty".

Now if you installed a hitch, then posted a video on Youtube of towing a 1,500 boat with your non-tow rated car, and THEN your engine blows....that is another story.

BINGO! - WOT

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
How long did it take you guys to get your part? I ordered a couple of weeks ago, but nothing in the mail yet.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
OK, so is this the plug I need to remove? And where do I insert the defeat plug? Into the coolant tank part, or the loose dangley plug?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts