GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Seems a lot of money for a city utility vehicle, but I don't know that there's a lot of options out there right now. Maybe there's a market for a less expensive car with less range, for people who will drive around town and recharge every night.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hope it works for you. Both my wife and I have 2 Bolt EUVs on order which we are hoping will come in sometime in July. Both are 2 LTs with sunroofs but no Super Cruise (we just wouldn’t use SC enough to justify the cost).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well, the sticker price is less than mine on my red tint 2021 Bolt was. Of course I got about $14,000 off on mine plus trade in for my 2014 Volt (starting with $3000 from Costco). I got I think $5000 from GM, $1000 loyalty and $1500 from California. There was more that I can't even remember. My Volt loan was paid off with what they gave me, and even though a gigantic sales tax was added, I still got a car with an original sticker price of over $40,000 without increasing my monthly loan payment too much, since I'll no longer buy any gas and shouldn't have repair bills for a while. My Volt had just hit 100,000. Sadly, I had just purchased two new tires a couple of months earlier. But now I have a car with a brand new warranty. I'm interested, though, in the fact that the price for the EUV is lower.

·
Premium Member
2012 Volt Premium (Cyber Gray Metallic) - Stock
205 Posts
I’ve still been unable to get even close to a good deal for one. Best my dealer could do is in the $800’s per month even with some money down and in the $700’s with $5k down. That’s just too much, and they don’t even want to try to earn my business (aka discount it some more).

Hoping the prices of these get to reasonable levels within 3-5 years, my 2012 will have 180k by 2024 if I keep using it for my commute.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah so that deal fell through, started talking to dealer and he said we have to add the (dealer name) package on top of the price. I hate most car dealers. Going to go look at a couple today, ratty clothes unshaven and a check book for cash deal.

Problem is I don't want a 1LT but a 2LT might work, not really interested in super cruise. So far can't really find one I like as much as the red one. few and far between. Damn Premiers are just out of sight in price.

Think I might settle for for a standard Bolt, Missed a bunch of deals on the 2021's by about a week, hell 10K off is a big incentive.

·
Registered
489 Posts
yeah so that deal fell through, started talking to dealer and he said we have to add the (dealer name) package on top of the price. I hate most car dealers. Going to go look at a couple today, ratty clothes unshaven and a check book for cash deal.

Problem is I don't want a 1LT but a 2LT might work, not really interested in super cruise. So far can't really find one I like as much as the red one. few and far between. Damn Premiers are just out of sight in price.

Think I might settle for for a standard Bolt, Missed a bunch of deals on the 2021's by about a week, hell 10K off is a big incentive.
That's how I dress to buy all of my cars. The more expensive, the worse I dress. I love shopping for $80K cars dressed like a bum. That's when you find the really good salesman. Unfortunately I've bought over 40 cars in the last 20 years so the local sales folk know me. Now I have to shop out of town.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's how I dress to buy all of my cars. The more expensive, the worse I dress. I love shopping for $80K cars dressed like a bum. That's when you find the really good salesman. Unfortunately I've bought over 40 cars in the last 20 years so the local sales folk know me. Now I have to shop out of town.
Well it worked out, didn't get a EUV but a nice Ice Blue 2LT which is equip nicely and a nice discount off the MSRP before I hit them with my Family First discount (my buddy is a GM retired) . Should have see their eyes bulge out, They hemmed and hawed but I was out the door tax and all for well under 37K, hell that is less then I paid for my Volt 10 year ago. Taxes and plates here are steep. Got a chuckle driving home, took me 15 minutes to figure out the volume control, hehe I though the knobs were just recesses for the button to protect accidentally hitting them. Screen is nice and a lot of setup to do yet with Constar and Apple Play. Just to damn hot to do it this afternoon, my GM buddy ran me back to get the Volt and the car said 120 going home.

Every EUV listed was nonexistent and priced well over 40 grand. Pretty funny about the shorts, sandals and a ratty t-shirt, all the older salesmen just passed me by and got the hungry young guy.

I was surprised at the dealers lot, the cupboard was really bare not much else on the lot, while the website claimed 24 Bolts I only counted about 12. They claim the chip shortage is killing them. They only had 4 pickups, Salesman claimed most sales were used stuff

·
Administrator
20,902 Posts
Thing is, the EUV has less cargo room than the standard Bolt, which is less than my 2011 Volt cargo space.

I got a Bolt survey request from GM but was quickly bounced out when I expressed little interest in the expensive SuperCruise package. SuperCruise is awesome gear, but the dollars and subscription fee killed my interest.

Reactions: begreen

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thing is, the EUV has less cargo room than the standard Bolt, which is less than my 2011 Volt cargo space.

I got a Bolt survey request from GM but was quickly bounced out when I expressed little interest in the expensive SuperCruise package. SuperCruise is awesome gear, but the dollars and subscription fee killed my interest.
Yeah same here, tooooo costly plus a subscription needed put me off. Didn't know about the cargo space. Wife loves the Ice Blue Metallic thank goodness, she never goes car shopping with me, hates the art of dealing.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep checked dealers web site this AM they only show 6 2LT and 6 1LT left, must be selling everything they can.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Re: EUV cargo space being smaller- quirk due to gov't regulations on how it is measured. In the real world.... the EUV has more usable volume. Anyway, dealer lots are empty here too. Good time NOT to be in the car market.
Four 2022 Bolts on the local dealers lot. Had them for weeks, no sales it seems. I think the demand was satisfied for a while by the leftover 20s and 21s going at huge discounts. First EUV was snapped up immediately. Didn't have a chance to look at it.

·
Administrator
20,902 Posts
Re: EUV cargo space being smaller- quirk due to gov't regulations on how it is measured. In the real world.... the EUV has more usable volume.
What's the quirk? Even if the same as the Bolt EV, it's not a lot. I had to remove the top cargo deck and empty the space beneath to (barely) fit the luggage of two relatives I picked up a year ago at the airport. The Volt has lots more room in this regard.The Bolt's tight linear cargo space is my only negative with the car.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's the quirk? Even if the same as the Bolt EV, it's not a lot. I had to remove the top cargo deck and empty the space beneath to (barely) fit the luggage of two relatives I picked up a year ago at the airport. The Volt has lots more room in this regard.The Bolt's tight linear cargo space is my only negative with the car.
For us not a big deal, keeping the 2011 Volt as has less then 20K miles (yep that is right 20K)

Starting to really love the Bolt, quite a step up it seems from the 2012 Volt. It will hit the market next week some time. Only miss is the garage door opener.

·
Administrator
20,902 Posts
Starting to really love the Bolt, quite a step up it seems from the 2012 Volt. It will hit the market next week some time. Only miss is the garage door opener.
Still love our Volt, but the Bolt EV is now our go to car. Nimble, quick.

For to garage opener, I used the mini clip-on that came with the opener. Blends in well:

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just ordered a lift master off Amazon, will be here tomorrow. That is the spot I was eyeing as well. LOL

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm going to wait for the new Fed tax credit Biden is promising to get GM and Tesla back into the game.
Yes that is a risk, but doesn't look like Biden can get any kind of agreement and when he does, he renegs (sp) on the deal. Plus in order for me to get the tax credit I would need it to carry over for like 8-10 years. (good tax planning during retirement). Hell this year the IRS returned my tax payment (under $2K) in full with interest. I am asking no questions.

I think the bigger deal is inflation, material cost have gone up quite a bit, I bet the Chicoms will kick the lithium price to the moon.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts