GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
2017 with 71k here. The battery module needed replacing a couple years ago. Otherwise it's great. Last week I got a 68-mile prediction for my battery range; lifetime 71 mpg (cumulative). FM radio doesn't work and the front end clunks at low speed; I don't count either of those as real issues. Oh, and once water got in the charge door but I think there was a recall for that. Great car!

Reactions: adoreizi

·
Registered
223 Posts
2017 with 39,000 miles. Had the shifter assembly replaced and the recalls, that was it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 80k+ Miles
632 Posts
Current mileage by forum name to the left. As of 6/2021 excluding tires and scheduled R&M the repairs have been:
-BECM replaced
-Shifter replaced 2X
-Broken shifter cable
-SiriusXM radio antenna module
-Sway bar link

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
2014 volt original owner about 90k miles, hatch struts changed though originals were not yet bad but did anyway, changed driver side axle washer with nut to get rid of clicking, and the smog cannister thingy recall which escapes my mind right now. Still have my original 12v thinking of changing when I have the engine dex cool loop changed before upcoming winter, changed 2 loop electronic dex cool recently, on 3rd set of tires that I just put on. 2014 is very reliable as far as I am concerned. Have not applied the battery management balancing software. I was getting 10.2kwh of the 10.7 rated but noticed yesterday it showed 10.7kwh used again but that maybe affected by the engine running I did for that drive, range is now 30ish in winter in NY to mid to upper 40s for the paths I drive that limit me from hitting 50 from i.e. driving 65 on a somewhat hilly parkway nearly 5x a week causing the avergage to remain in the 30s for now. Life is good until the right BEV comes out that I want to jump to next.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2016 has 124k miles on it. No major mechanical issues, although I have had the dreaded shift to park 3 times (hopefully fixed for good now). I have noticed my usable full charge capacity per the energy summary screen is around 12.5Kwh now, compared to 14.2 ish when it was new.

·
Registered
427 Posts
51K miles. I had to buy a new set of tires. Everything else looks pretty new. The only thing the dealer did for me so far was the recall. So far it has not effected the mileage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Recently sold a 17 with 78k. Had the front end clicking sound fixed, the backfire reflash completed and shifter replaced under warranty but was otherwise very reliable.

Just bought an 18 with 28k. Brought it to the dealer after 1 day and had he backfire reflash completed and shifter replaced under warranty. This one has no clicking sound from the front end yet. Also, this one is only showing 40-41 miles available after full charge whereas my 17 consistently showed 46-48. Not as concerned as this car was bought so we could put a carpool sticker on it. It's never had one before so we get 4 years on a new blue sticker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts