GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently upgraded to an iPhone 6S Plus and lo and behold there is wireless Carplay in the iOS settings. I cant seem to get it to work though. It sees MyLink but that's all I can muster for now.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That article was from January, it's May now, would be nice to know if any hardware now supports it.
Right. But 2017's were in production by February. So no 2016's would be compatible. And it's a stretch to think that any existing 2017's would be compatible or that GM would add compatibility mid-model year without a public announcement.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It'll definitely be a while...if it ever happens at all. They're just getting the hang of the wired version. The current MyLink hardware might not even be up to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Too bad that new hardware is needed to enable wireless CarPlay.

If the dealers offered a hardware update, I might just consider paying for this.

·
Registered
518 Posts
While I'd be interested in wireless CarPlay, I typically do opportunity charging when in my car anyway, so plugging in to charge while simultaneously enabling CarPlay is not a bad compromise for now. Of course, if you want to enable Qi charging on your iPhone (with a suitable case, etc.), you cannot do both wireless charging and CarPlay until they enable wireless CarPlay, too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts