GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Happy New Year!

Has anyone had any success with a wireless adapter that plugs into the car's USB, and if you have can you let me know what model you bought?

Thanks!
Greg

Registered
I have this one:
Amazon item: b088t78rx4

It was like $130 or something. It works just fine. The first time it was having connection issues but I did the software update on it and now it works great. It takes about 15 seconds for it to connect when you get in the car. If you get phone calls it pops up on the screen. I usually listen to XM but it will flip over to carplay if someone calls or texts. It works for maps and music and siri, I guess I haven't found anything that doesn't work. It works just the same as if it was plugged in.

Doesn't seem to run the phone battery down at all, I listened to music on my way to work via wireless carplay and my phone was still at 100% after 30 min drive. It can connect to more than one phone but I haven't tried that. When you plug it in, there is a menu that comes up for the device. You then go on your phone and search for it, mine was named GM and some numbers. When you do the update just make sure your screen stays powered on your phone. It sits there for a little bit and says something in another language while it updates. Then it just worked.

Registered
I also have the Carlinkit 2.0. Works pretty well! Takes 20- 30 seconds to connect sometimes quicker.
Only really bothersome part is that audio will still play after I shut the car out and get off. It will stop when I鈥檓 out of range and the connection drops, or just press pause before turning the car off. I think this is more of a silly quirk of the car since Bluetooth music plays after I shut it down too. But it stops when I open the door, wireless CarPlay continues for whatever reason.

Registered
yea mine will continue too, I noticed the red light is still on inside the adapter box, so it seems the USB port doesn't shut down when the radio shuts down. It does after like a minute though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts