GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.wired.com/reviews/2011/04/chevy-volt/

"Listen up, haters: The Chevrolet Volt rocks, and General Motors deserves tremendous credit for building it."

"the Volt is a remarkable automobile and a new direction for the industry"

How could we not like that opening and closing? I see some of our members hot landed in the commentary.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
The haters just drive me crazy because they like make stuff up or base it on their interpretation of the specs or a biased article or some speculation. The FUD is just nuts.

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the guy with the VW "clean" diesel who claims the Volt is not a "real" car and his Jetta gets the same MPG as the Volt! It's getting a bit harder for these folks to the pass off their misguided opinions as facts now that the cars are on the road and actual drivers are responding with first hand knowledge. I mean, how do they make the claim that the Volt is not a real car when they've never driven one or even looked at the technical aspects in depth? When Volt drivers respond with helpful corrections to their gaps in knowledge they can either revise their opinion based on new info, or risk looking rather foolish. Certainly the "I drove mine from NY to IL" shuts down the false argument that the Volt can only go 40 miles before it dies in the road!

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
Certainly the "I drove mine from NY to IL" shuts down the false argument that the Volt can only go 40 miles before it dies in the road!
I very intentionally use that line in person and or in FB/article responses. In person, you see them "recalibrate" their VOLT = electric_only confusion about it <big_grin>.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I too will have along drive after pickup of my Volt. My drive will be on Earth Day. So I will be able to debunk those naysayers just like you Scott.

After reading the repsonses on that other blog, sometimes you just want to say, "Don't be whinning when gas gets high and you are driving your big SUV or your Silverado with big V8 and boat. (as the one reader posted)

I very intentionally use that line in person and or in FB/article responses. In person, you see them "recalibrate" their VOLT = electric_only confusion about it <big_grin>.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Could be part of the problem is the name "Volt" may imply "electric-only". Of course, people tend to remember the last thing they hear - and so if they heard something negative, that's what they believe. Remember that when you have a law of averages, there are 50% below average.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
... you are driving your big SUV or your Silverado with big V8 and boat. (as the one reader posted)
Thanks Steve. Personally, I have to be careful about throwing stones since I own an SUV and pull a camper. I can tell you I have had a pretty good time taking my family camping (fires, walks, bikes, NO computers). As my kids are now older it may be time to part this stuff tho. My wife prefers Bed-and-Breakfasts <grin>.

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that the "cant drive very far" myth has taken a hit, and people are reporting looong periods between gas fills, the new anti-Volt tactic is to claim the gas will go stale and gunk up the engine! Haha. I really have to admire how GM engineers thought all this through. I also have to wonder whether the hater's brains will finally implode from the increasing vacuum between their ears as one after another of their false arguments against the Volt are vaporized.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts