GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is my first new to me Volt and it has always been like this and I am wondering if everyone’s cars are like this. When you wash the window on the highway or really any road when moving the spray doesn’t make it to the lower portion of the window. Yeah I know it is important to get it in your line of sight but then the bottom is all jacked up. If you wash it when parked then you can get the whole wipe area clear.

Here is a pick of what it looks like. I just didn’t know if the sprayers are out of adjustment or the wipers just suck…

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the spray doesn’t even get there. When you are stopped and wash then it cleans it. When driving it just smears. I was thinking probably good idea to change the blades anyway just didn’t know if this is normal. The blades chatter and squeak something fierce if there isn’t enough water so probably time for new ones. LOL

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I'm guessing when you are going at speed the wind pushes the water up the windshield so it doesn't reach the lower level. I haven't checked but typically the water nozzles are adjustable (on a ball joint) and you can put a strong enough pin in them and direct the nozzle (downwards in this case).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I was wondering about because yeah the water doesn't go low enough to clean it. I might take a look at the nozzles next time I am out there and see if they can move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.