GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that you can use the "express down" feature with the remote, by pressing and holding the unlock button, but can it be done in reverse order, "express up", by pressing and holding the lock button? Or another method? It would be a nice feature to have.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I know that you can use the "express down" feature with the remote, by pressing and holding the unlock button, but can it be done in reverse order, "express up", by pressing and holding the lock button? Or another method? It would be a nice feature to have.
I agree it would be convenient, but it doesn't exist due to safety. How do you know someone isn't sticking their arm or head into/out of the car when you roll them up?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Understood, but it could be incorporated with an "anti-pinch" feature.
In theory, yes, but that would be additional parts to add to the car so I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist in the volt. But you are correct, there are ways to make auto up 'safe'....just not in the current volt design to my knowledge.

·
Registered
208 Posts
sadly this is a safety issue

you can get all windows down using the key fob, but to raise them only raising them from inside the car will work

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I don't get why auto up is only drivers window. That makes me mad. Especially since all windows already have anti-pinch incorporated into them already.

It sucks that the government has to hold everyone's hand and trying to take Darwinism out of the equation.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Children. The logic is that the driver's seat is the only one guaranteed to not be occupied by a child with the vehicle running. You can make damn near anything happen "for the good of the children"

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Children. The logic is that the driver's seat is the only one guaranteed to not be occupied by a child with the vehicle running. You can make damn near anything happen "for the good of the children"
But all the window have anti pinch built into them. You can't even put them up by the switch if something is in the way. I found out when I installed my vent shades. The Windows would auto reverse the dirt couple times.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I bought 2 sets of window vents and neither set would work, the acrylic plastic was too thick and just chipped and cracked.
I guess I will just wait a few years and try again to see if there is any improvement
right now weathertech is the only mfg that makes these vents

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I bought 2 sets of window vents and neither set would work, the acrylic plastic was too thick and just chipped and cracked.
I guess I will just wait a few years and try again to see if there is any improvement
right now weathertech is the only mfg that makes these vents
That's what I have and they work fine. I have a 2013 and bought them off Amazon.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have a 2015 volt and for some reason they don't fit inside the window track
I bought mine directly from weathertech, I sent the first set back and they sent me a replacement set that also didn't work

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 2007 Mazdaspeed6 and Audi A4 had auto up and auto down on all 4 windows possible to activate from every seat in the car so I doubt it is a mandate. Just cheap.

I don't get why auto up is only drivers window. That makes me mad. Especially since all windows already have anti-pinch incorporated into them already.

It sucks that the government has to hold everyone's hand and trying to take Darwinism out of the equation.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

It makes you mad?
As posted above, it's about safety and liability.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It makes you mad?
As posted above, it's about safety and liability.
It does. There is no reason not to have auto up on all 4 windows on 2013. It won't add any weight or complexity. Any kid that doesn't know better won't be able to reach a window anyway. If the kid is big enough to reach, they should know better.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
It does. There is no reason not to have auto up on all 4 windows on 2013. It won't add any weight or complexity. Any kid that doesn't know better won't be able to reach a window anyway. If the kid is big enough to reach, they should know better.
Good luck with that logic son.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
But all the window have anti pinch built into them. You can't even put them up by the switch if something is in the way. I found out when I installed my vent shades. The Windows would auto reverse the dirt couple times.
Anti-pinch ain't gonna save my pet earthworm Jim from getting sliced in half!

But seriously, the corporate lawyers probably put a kibosh on any kind of remote window-up feature. Can't risk any kind of injury afterall. What if the anti-pinch feature fails and some kid gets strangled because their parents accidentally remote-upped their windows? Remember: Lowest Common Denominator. Tesla should probably take that into consideration more.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts