GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

Does anyone have experience using a Windows Phone (8 or 10) with a Generation 2 Volt.

Many thanks - Varqa

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
If it doesn't work well through USB or Bluetooth, you can always get the 3.5mm aux jack to work and get your power from a cigarette adapter instead of the USB port. But then again, why in the world are you using a Windows phone in and IOS and Android world? The only thing rarer is a blackberry!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Using a lumia 640 here and had used a 1020 with our g2 too. How can I help?
There was also a thread here a few months back about using wp in g2 with bt, maybe it can help too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use an old HTC 8X (6990LVW) with Windows 8.1 Update. I connect it via bluetooth and stream spotify. It works well and integrates with the steering wheel controls (favorites forward and back) to advance to the next song in the playlist. I haven't received a text message yet but I was able to place a call via a voice command no problem. The phone has wireless charging and fits in the center console just fine. The Volt doesn't support projection (yet) for Windows Phones. I asked the sales guy if they would throw in an android phone with the car but he didn't think that was doable.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=3919&c=verizon_htc_windows_phone_8x_lte_htc6990lvw

I installed RemoteLink Version 2.0 from the Windows Store and that shows the car and battery status and lets one lock and unlock the car but doesn't let the user configure charge notification settings. One cannot do it on the web via browser either ( I tried all the sites, mychevrolet.com, onstar.com and myvolt.com). Its just not doable unless you have an andriod or apple phone. The Ford myfordmobile.com web site does (no phone required). I asked Onstar if they could turn on charge notifications for me and they said no, they don't have that capability.

(No I don't have a Zune but I used to, ha ha)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts