GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious on if it's possible to get a legal window tint on a GMFinancial leased Volt? Also, would it be worth it? Mainly I'm thinking it would help reduce the heat in the cabin (I live in an area in Washington state that often gets 90-100 degrees during the summer) and wondering if it would help with privacy with the hatch back. (I know there is a 3rd party trunk shelf thingy to block prying eyes into the hatch, but was curious about the tint option...)

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
As long as it's not some crappy tint that starts bubbling, it shouldn't be a problem upon lease return. Unless you went with the 5% limo tint all the way around. :p

Worse comes to worse, you can peel it off yourself.

·
Registered
385 Posts
In my younger (stupid?) years, I leased a Camaro SS. I had a sub-frame welded in. Installed headers. Put on a full dual exhaust system with O2 sims. And I'm sure there was a lot more I've forgotten. Anyway, at the end of the lease I turned it in and the dealer didn't even blink. No questions, no comments.

Oh, I had the windows tinted too.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
In Texas, tint is the new undercoat. I haven't bought a car or truck in TX (new, used, leased) that did not have tint.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Curious on if it's possible to get a legal window tint on a GMFinancial leased Volt? Also, would it be worth it? Mainly I'm thinking it would help reduce the heat in the cabin (I live in an area in Washington state that often gets 90-100 degrees during the summer) and wondering if it would help with privacy with the hatch back. (I know there is a 3rd party trunk shelf thingy to block prying eyes into the hatch, but was curious about the tint option...)
Perfectly fine. Go for it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been considering tinting my windows. From googling about windows tinting, there are two different preferred tinting technology. One is hybrid, consisting of thin metal film sandwiched inside two layers of dyed films. The other is ceramic film, which appears to be the best and the most expensive. Anyone had ceramic window tints applied? If so, what are your impressions of them?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Worse comes to worse, you can peel it off yourself.
Sounds like you've never peeled tint off. It does NOT "just peel off". Especially the rear defroster window. The side windows will need a steamer and a razor blade and the rear window will need at least an hour or 2 with a steamer and patience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts