GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found window shades that work well on the small, unusually-shaped rear door windows in our Gen2 Volts? My little girl doesn't like the sun shining in her face--understandably--so I've been looking for good options.

·
Administrator
22,267 Posts
They seem like a great fit compared to the window shade types that hook onto the top of the window glass. With the "press fit" install, what happens when the window is open? Will it get sucked out?

·
Registered
922 Posts
They seem like a great fit compared to the window shade types that hook onto the top of the window glass. With the "press fit" install, what happens when the window is open? Will it get sucked out?
It's a tight fit but I haven't tried opening the windows yet. I have my windows switch locked so my fidgety passengers don't leave my rear windows inadvertently open.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Having had the GM window shades for a few weeks now, I'm a fan. They fit perfectly and look great. They don't block as much sun as some window shades, but enough to make a difference, so I think they're a good compromise, sort of like a medium tint. If one wanted complete sun blockage, I suppose one could probably put a thin piece of cloth around the window shades--maybe slide a pillow case over them--and then snap them in place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts