GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, have a broken window regulator in the driver's door of my 2011. Pulled off the door panel and the white plastic clip was sitting in the bottom of the door in two pieces. I know there is a short thread here and I did read that, but was wondering if anyone else has done a repacment themselves before? Is it a pretty fool proof install? Do the cables need to run a certain way or once the two rails are installed the cables just fall where they need to be? And once the rails are installed the window should just lower right in to the clamps, then tighten them? Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I replaced mine.

Fisrt you need to remove the window (the glass). then you remove the old regulator and it'll be a little tricky to put the new one in but you can twist it a little bit to get it in. Once in you just match the bolts and tighten them and all cables and part will be where they should be.

Then put the glass back in and make sure it gets into the clamps and tighten the clamps nuts but not too much. I think to tighten the left clamp you have to roll down the window a little bit... you just connect the wires and do it and that's it.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts