GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has noticed this on their Gen 2 or not. If I have the windows rolled all the way up and open and then close the door everything is great. If I roll one or all windows down, doesn't matter to what level, and open and then close the door, the window itself rattles. My car was in the shop today to get some software updates and another rattle fixed. The advisor didn't understand what I was telling him with the window rattling as he thought i was talking about the wind buffeting issue. Just wanted to see if I'm the only one with this or if others have noticed it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hello,

I wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has noticed this on their Gen 2 or not. If I have the windows rolled all the way up and open and then close the door everything is great. If I roll one or all windows down, doesn't matter to what level, and open and then close the door, the window itself rattles. My car was in the shop today to get some software updates and another rattle fixed. The advisor didn't understand what I was telling him with the window rattling as he thought i was talking about the wind buffeting issue. Just wanted to see if I'm the only one with this or if others have noticed it.

Thanks!
Mine does it in the driver side rear. Doesn't do it all the time. Makes no sense. Dealer cannot replicate...of course.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I had a similar problem with my gen 1 driver's side. Sort of a creaking noise, and pushing on the door panel below the window would make the noise. Took the door panel off and discovered it was the window guide squeaking in the track. I loosened the lower track bolt and moved it out a little (making the distance between front and rear tracks larger). That was the fix.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does it sound like a ticking noise? I think I'm having the same issue but it happens intermittently (never when I bring it in for service).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really, at least on mine. I just think it sounds bad when closing any of the doors when the windows are down. You can see the glass shake too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hmm. Mine squeal a bit rolling down when it's really hot outside. Should be over 100 this weekend and I'm expecting a squealing noise. We will see!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2015 Volt has had a horrendous rattle in both front side windows when they are half way down, seemed to start when the car was only 3-6 months old. The ‘rattle’ sounds like glass cracking. After years of Chevy Boardwalk claiming they could not reproduce the sound, I finally took a full day to visit them and sit there till I got to take a tech on a test drive and sure enough, with windows half down, driving over bumps, like the center divider bumps on roads, the windows, more so on the driver rattled like crazy and tech heard it. After getting the car back, they said the glass was hitting the rails, so the tech lubricated it and no more noise .... that was true for about a week and now the rattle is back. I’ll have to take it back, but I’m starting to think it’s just poor design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts