GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe the air flowing through the grill and under the car could be harnessed via fan blades that then recharge the battery. This could be self defeating if the drag created or the additional weight out weighs the beneft. Is it worth a look?

·
3,689 Posts
Maybe the air flowing through the grill and under the car could be harnessed via fan blades that then recharge the battery. This could be self defeating if the drag created or the additional weight out weighs the beneft. Is it worth a look?

You only need to watch the following video. Yes fellow posters, it's time to laugh once again...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bkcn8ZkvKKc

If you want the entire discussion here is the massive link. Great read:

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread....wind+generator

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I think there should be a sticky on this forum somewhere entitled: "Why you can't just stick a wind turbine on the hood of your car and drive for free." It's cool that lots of people out there are putting their thinking caps on and looking for non-conventional solutions, but since most people aren't engineers and physicists, they need a little guidance. This thread topic is getting a little tired for some of us old timers, and we still have a year and a half until we can get our Volts! :eek:

·
3,689 Posts
I think there should be a sticky on this forum somewhere entitled: "Why you can't just stick a wind turbine on the hood of your car and drive for free." It's cool that lots of people out there are putting their thinking caps on and looking for non-conventional solutions, but since most people aren't engineers and physicists, they need a little guidance. This thread topic is getting a little tired for some of us old timers, and we still have a year and a half until we can get our Volts! :eek:

Agreed but I do enjoy watching that video from time to time. ;)

·
Banned
968 Posts
New threads from first-time posters should go into moderation. The Moderator could send a FAQ to rejected thread creators with the rejection notice. Yes, the #1 item on the FAQ would be, "The Three Laws of Thermodynamics or Why You Can't Just Stick a Windmill on The Volt."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts