GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior to the recent 2015 RemoteLink "upgrade", I was able to individually specify whether I wanted Charge_Complete and Charge_Interrupted notifications to go to my email or text. This was great functionality; I could send my Charge_Complete notifications only to email, and send the more urgent Charge_Interrupted notifications to both email and my text-message.

Now, I get an annoying text for every Charge_Complete notification when I *only* want to get a text if the charge was interrupted. Looks like GM removed the ability to specify which alerts went to text vs email.

This is functionality that I paid for that was present when I purchased the car, and has been present for the last two years. Now it has been removed. This is tantamount to theft.

Does anyone know if GM plans to restore this stolen functionality?
Is anyone planning legal action? If so, I'd like to join.

Lastly, is there a thread already dedicated to this specific topic?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Er... I finally set up my Onstar online today and I could swear it had separate options for Charge Interrupted vs. Charge Complete. It was configured via the Onstar website though, not on the app.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't find it at OnStar OR MyVolt.com. Been on the phone with several GM people for 40 minutes now and no one can find it - so far everyone says notifications are only set up on the RemoteLink app.

If you were really there and can point us to the exact location, I'd be most grateful.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I have an open ticket with GM on the issue and they seem optimistic that this functionality can be returned.
I'm not holding my breath, but hey, it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Interesting... I was setting it up on my phone this morning, and the options were there when enrolling the vehicle. On my computer tonight, they're not available.

So either something to do with it being a mobile browser, or something to do with it only being visible when enrolling a vehicle. I suspect the latter, as I can't bring it up on my phone again either.

And my god, but the Onstar site is a slow, bloated, over-engineered, needlessly complex website...

·
Registered
464 Posts
Found it.

Android app downloaded yesterday. Version 2.0.3-r2060

Under diagnostics, then notifications. Separate on/off choices for Charge Interrupted and Charge Complete.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Event notifications don't work at all on mine. (iPhone)

You can't specify (as the OP says) to send one notification to email and another to text. I have both turned on and I get the Plug-In notification on both email and text only.

At least it hasn't completely stopped working for a while.

Hey GM. This app still sux! That's why you have 2 stars out of 5 on the App store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts