GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fisker claims they will be there End of Q4 2009 with a compelling offer for those who can afford it (80K$).

50 miles range on battery (last rumors where pointing to ALP in Vancouver)

Range extender (Drive train by Quantum)

0-60 miles in less then 5.8 sec (in sport mod)

Can they really do all this faster then GM, if so why and how??

Here are some of the finding made here about this car:

Fisker says Karma is alive

Fisker still Testing

Would you buy it??

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fisker Automotive was smart, because they took hybrid systems that were already available from a Tier 1 automotive supplier and simply implemented them "as is". GM has to spend their time qualifying two new battery vendors before they can build the Volt.
From what I read, Quantum only says they have been working on it for the past 5 years, they never said it was currently used. For me this is as much R&D then what GM is doing.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Would you buy it??
I might be able to afford the car, but definitely couldn't afford the payback shopping from my wife.

I think production by end of '09 is more likely than it is for EESTOR to actually produce a product in the ballbark of their press releases but less likely than the first Volts to ship in the end of 2010. However, it will be a pleasant surprise if they do meet their target date. This will be a compelling option for luxury performance sedan buyers. If the fit & finish is on par with Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, etc they should have no trouble selling all they can produce for $80K.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I'm very glad to see another serial hybrid. Why do these things always have to be luxury vehicles though? I'm still waiting for the serial hybrid commuter car or city car. Hopefully they aren't too far off!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts