Will Cadillac ATS wheels fit 2013 Volt?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have dented wheels and looking to replace them. To replace with used OEM is more expensive than finding a new aftermarket wheel. But occasionally I find possibilities on craigslist that look good and may fit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I drive some freeways in NM where you are, let's just say "out on your own" for a while with no cell service. The lack of spare was concerning to me.
Following the links in the message above I ordered the kit. The first part number listed was discontinued so I used the new one. $378 plus shipping from NC $78. Expensive for me but will be a comfort when out of town.
Robert

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I drive some freeways in NM where you are, let's just say "out on your own" for a while with no cell service. The lack of spare was concerning to me.
Following the links in the message above I ordered the kit. The first part number listed was discontinued so I used the new one. $378 plus shipping from NC $78. Expensive for me but will be a comfort when out of town.
Robert
Yep, There are areas where Onstar has no service. I'll have my CTS spare with me in a week or so when I take my son across the state with me. Nothing beats that peace of mind.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just got an email stating that part # 84034699 is not proper for my car. 2012 basic. This was GM Parts Direct.
Now looking for a new source....

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK. So finally got the wheels and the Michelin Defender tires (same as my other 2013 Volt). I went with the stock size tires 215/55/17 even though the Cadillac ATS wheels were 8 inches wide. The offset on the wheels made exactly 1/2 inch go to the outside and 1/2 inch go to the inside keeping it centered.

I was worried at first that they may not clear the front brake caliper but that was fine. The inside front wheel came close to the front strut mounting and it was very close. About the width of a hair on a gorilla's a$$. But since the wheel and that bracket do not move independently there was not problem. Drove about 70 miles and the sound was much quieter than the OEM assurance tires just like I experienced with my other Volt. Handling felt much better too. Seemingly the handling improved better that my other Volt with the same tires. Perhaps the wheels add stability.

Only downside may be I lose a couple miles range due to the Michelin tires and the added weight of the wheels. Without pics it didn't happen so here you go with Cadillac center caps as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are the specs of the 2013 Cadillac ATS wheels I put on the Volt:

Size: 17" x 8", 5 Lug, 115mm Bolt Pattern
Finish: Polished
Description: 7 Spoke Original Alloy Rim
Center Bore: 70.3 mm
Lug Size: M12 x 1.5
Offset (mm): 42
RIM: 8Jx17 ET42

For comparison this is the Gen1 Volt wheel specs that were on mine:

Size: 17" x 7", 5 Lug, 115mm Bolt Pattern
Finish: Polished
Description: 5 Spoke Original Alloy Rim
Center Bore: 70.3 mm
Lug Size: M12 x 1.5
Offset (mm): 38
RIM: 7Jx17 ET38

Note: Even though the center bore is the same, the bore for the center cap is larger for the Caddy, therefore the Volt center cap is too small. You will have to use the Caddy center cap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts