GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like the GM team to consider providing the following as options for the Volt:

1) Wi-FI. (Chrysler is installing Wi-Fi as an option in some of their models, so the Chevy Volt could easily provide this option as well.) Wi-FI capability could be provided as a USB port INSIDE a glovebox allowing a standard USB Broadband modem provided by AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile,etc. to be powered/utilized.

2) Additional USB port either inside or outside a glovebox

3) Satellite Radio

4) On-Star

5) Bluetooth capability (for hands-free cell phone calling thru the Volt Radio/Speakers)

6) Either a Microsoft Sync or a Apple iTunes media center component

Any of these would elevate the "geekness" of the Volt and increase the desireability (in my thinking) of this revolutionary vehicle. Don't forget to install plenty of drink holders!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not up to speed too much on car tech, but if they could put something in there like what I have with my current Garmin GPS, but it only does MORE.

Oh yea, and an ejection seat.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would like the GM team to consider providing the following as options for the Volt:

1) Wi-FI. (Chrysler is installing Wi-Fi as an option in some of their models, so the Chevy Volt could easily provide this option as well.) Wi-FI capability could be provided as a USB port INSIDE a glovebox allowing a standard USB Broadband modem provided by AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile,etc. to be powered/utilized.

2) Additional USB port either inside or outside a glovebox

3) Satellite Radio

4) On-Star

5) Bluetooth capability (for hands-free cell phone calling thru the Volt Radio/Speakers)

6) Either a Microsoft Sync or a Apple iTunes media center component

Any of these would elevate the "geekness" of the Volt and increase the desireability (in my thinking) of this revolutionary vehicle. Don't forget to install plenty of drink holders!

I know its your first post and you may not have the change to read all the content here, but a few month ago, Lyle made a post where GM actually invited us to give our opinion on the "high tech" feature we would like to have... I invite you to search it and read it, really cool stuff that people came up with.

http://gm-volt.com/2008/03/16/give-your-direct-input-to-gms-volt-engineering-team-on-vehicle-data-options/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts