GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She had an emergency trip to make to get to the parents in Florida, so she came to my work, swapped cars and hit the road without a second thought. My Volt has been her go to car for road trips due to it's easy driving nature and XM radio. She says between my car and her Mazda Tribute she doesn't get tired or fatigued driving the Volt. Not to mention getting 40+ mpgs on the highways.

That got me rethinking about getting a BEV vehicle. Those kind of trips where you have to be there now aren't entirely EV friendly for any car that's out yet. I've been looking for a hybrid replacement for her Mazda as it's getting long in the tooth.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Get a Gen 2 volt. I just got to experience one for four days while my Gen 1 had warranty work done. My wife didn’t what to give it back nor did I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
I was thinking the other day a good combination would be a Volt and a Bolt. The Volt could make long trips without stopping for recharging, yet normally both cars would be all electric, up to the battery range of the Volt.

We currently have two cars, I drive a Gen 1 Volt and my wife drives a VW Passat. In 4-5 years, it would be nice to replace her Passat with a Bolt or other BEV. I imagine in 5 years GM will have more BEV vehicles in their lineup.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,155 Posts
with 2 volts I doubled my range
now we take the one with more battery
stopped us from using any gas now. only uses what the car make us use

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Wife sent me a taunting pic...
"love bugs getting ur car dirty"...

I had just washed, waxed and detailed it right before she nicked it. Lol
About the only time I ever drive my wife's car is when it needs gas or an oil change. At least I schedule these for when I can go topless (the car's a convertable). Now if we could just get a reasonable priced EV convertable.

·
Administrator
21,121 Posts
I got my stolen Volt back when we bought her a Bolt EV.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

About the only time I ever drive my wife's car is when it needs gas or an oil change. At least I schedule these for when I can go topless (the car's a convertable). Now if we could just get a reasonable priced EV convertable.
Oh I'm thromping the hell out of hers. I'll probably end up rebuilding the transmission as it's a CD4E, and it's shifting a bit funny. It has the drive chain slop I worry about in the 2gen Volts and a nasty slam/lift shift on 2-3. Not that I can't fix it, I just don't want to.

·
Registered
534 Posts

One time between Dallas and Houston we hit a massive love bug swarm, about 10 miles thick. It was so bad we had to stop every few miles and squeegee them off at a gas station. All the other cars were doing the same. If you drove more than 2-3 miles you wouldn't be able to see out the windshield.

Of course I had washed and waxed the Volt before the trip. Luckily all the bugs came off without too much difficulty once we got home and I washed it again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts