It may feel that way, but GM is not treading water. GM is now devoting more R&D to EV development ($27 billion through 2025) than to gas-powered vehicles.
- BrightDrop, the "last mile" delivery EV600 delivery van and EVP1 motorized pallet.
- The Cruise Automation Origin self driving ride-share vehicle. We’re Cruise, a self-driving car service designed for the cities we love.
- The Ultium Cells, LLC battery. Zero Emission | Advanced Technology | Ultium Cells LLC
- Ultium Lordstown $2.3 billion battery gigafactory with construction underway, 2025 production.
- A Bolt EV refresh (Summer 2021). The upcoming Bolt EUV with SuperCruise (summer 2021), GMC Hummer EV (Fall 2021), Cadillac Lyriq EV (Winter 2022). These are some of the 20+ new North American EV's for Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, GMC to rollout by 2025.