GM Volt Forum banner

Why does my ELR ride rougher than my Volt?....the 20's?

Tags
20" ride rough
8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  cab 
I have owned Caddy's since 2003. The ride can be a bit harsh due to the stiff body and suspension. Definitely tuned for cornering and handling vs. a soft ride.

The Caddy's also take a long time to "wear in", like 15 to 20k miles to wear in vs. about 2 to 3k for a conventional vehicle.

You will get used to it and the first time that you have to swerve quickly to avoid an accident and have full control of the vehicle, you will appreciate the trade off to a soft ride.

The 20" low profile tires definitely affect the harshness as well. Keep them properly inflated.

The seats will soften and it will get slightly better but typically you just adjust to the car over time as you get used to it.

I had to avoid a truck tire that blew right in front of me with my CTS a number of years ago. My wife could not figure out how I drove through the flying debris. It was the stiff handling that got me through it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.