GM Volt Forum banner

What is the primary reason for your interest in plug-in hybrids?

• 1.) Environmental - I think the Volt will help save the environment.

Votes: 36 11.3%
  • 2.) Patriotic – We need to get off the addiction to foreign oil.

Votes: 98 30.7%
  • 3.) Financial - $4 a gallon gas is killing me. I need cheaper transportation.

Votes: 80 25.1%
  • 4.) Cool Factor – I’m an early adopter and this car is cool.

Votes: 77 24.1%
  • 5.) Other

Votes: 28 8.8%
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Ugh, I hate the term *Addicted* to oil, It's really more reliant on oil....

It's like saying a Diabetic is Addicted to insulin. They rely on it to live, as does our economy relies on oil.
Addicted is an accurate metaphor. Some people use it and don't have a problem. Some people won't admit it's a problem. Others know it's a problem but aren't willing to face up to the challenge and break the habit. Others have broken the habit and are now evangelically against it. The international trade is dirty and a lot of people die because of it, but the people who make money off it bribe or threaten enough people to keep their business going.

·
Registered
2013 Diamond White
380 Posts
It was you guys who made me do it! When I had my Cadillac, I found a good Cadillac forum. So one day I googled Volt forum. Found this forum. Learned a lot about the Volt, including $7500 tax credit. Now there was an opportunity to trade a 2010 for a 2013 for about 7K!
It was too good of a deal. Would have been even sweeter if I had waited until extra 5K off msrp. So thanks to forum members I found out about this really cool car, with low cost of ownership, fun to drive easy to park, well you know...

61 - 62 of 62 Posts