GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whoa. Looks like I didn't get the deal I thought I got. What is a "good" deal today?

A couple of months ago, I wanted a Chevy Volt premier but the prices I was seeing mid august were high in my area. I was seeing $38,000 (with safety package). In the end, I traveled (barely) across state lines :) to get an LT model (not premier) for $29,000 cash. I thought this was a good deal but oh my goodness, how are people getting premiers at comparable prices?

Makes me a little sad because I really feel like those safety features are so valuable.

·
Registered
251 Posts
A couple of months ago, I wanted a Chevy Volt premier but the prices I was seeing mid august were high in my area. I was seeing $38,000 (with safety package). In the end, I traveled (barely) across state lines :) to get an LT model (not premier) for $29,000 cash. I thought this was a good deal but oh my goodness, how are people getting premiers at comparable prices?

Makes me a little sad because I really feel like those safety features are so valuable.
I got a 2017 Volt LT with comfort package and interior protection package (LOL) for ~$34k and had to FIGHT to make sure it was tax free (even though WA state government says it's tax free and has all the official documents to support that).

You better be damn happy or we're switching cars! :p

·
Registered
249 Posts
Only prices I've seen be significantly better than what you posted were on leftover 2016's during the 20% off sales.

From everything I've seen, the 2017's are going for no more than 4-6K under MSRP excluding state and federal incentives. If you got the fed credit and state on top of that - you're in the neighborhood of some of the better deals on the latter year Gen 1's.

There's not much room to complain about a Volt that costs less than a Cruze LTZ at MSRP!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Back about 3 months ago or so Chevy had 20% off MSRP on 2016 Volts. We bought a 2016 LTZ for a little over $11,000 off MSRP.
The dealer offered another $3,000 off after the 20% off MSRP. With our $7,500 Fed Tax Credit applied our 2016 Volt cost the same
price as a Honda Civic. One heck of a lot of technology for the money in my book...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts