1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
21,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thank you for posting Steverino! That National Geographic article "Pictures: Cars That Fired Our Love-Hate Relationship With Fuel" is well written, extensive, and super interesting.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
There's a lot of truth in this article even after all these decades since it was written. Did we squander an opportunity to reduce or eliminate our dependence on foreign oil?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Thanks for the thread, we can learn from our past if we just pay attention to our mistakes...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not to rain on anyone's parade but the car pictured with George Romney is actually a second series Metropolitan not a Rambler as the Metropolitan was built in England under contract first with Nash and later AMC formed when Hudson and Nash combined in 1954. I still get about 40+ miles per gallon in my 1955 Metropolitan. And yes, Mitt Romney still doesn't get it. His dad made cars and money. Mitt just focuses on money.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
There is a very funny piece by John Stewart where he has clips of all the presidents talking about how we have to stop using oil for transportation. Of course I don't have the link but if anyone does it's definitely worth taking a look.

I just wish we'd be more forceful at looking at natural gas. It's a faster path and more suitable for long haul than batteries.

·
Administrator
21,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts