1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.startengine.com/startup/xti

XTI Aircraft Company

Title IV Offering
A powerhouse team, including former president of Cessna Aircraft, have come together to change how we fly, connect, and reach new possibilities with XTI Aircraft. After years of engineering as well as extensive market and business planning, they have unveiled a revolutionary piece of aviation technology. This Changes Everything.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Not practical

This is impractical and too costly for the layperson and the great majority of the population. Trains, buses, and planes still do a better job as all transport the most amount of passengers with the least energy per seat. Only a rich fool would buy and use this concept.:(

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
When I was growing up they had some aerocars on display at the San Diego Aerospace Museum. It burned down, but back then, there were a handful of flying cars, and many of us assumed that cars would all fly in a decade or two.

Never happened.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Funny. My mother and I were just talking about how I live just a few miles from a small airport and we have literally dozens of private/semi-public airstrips near our property up North.

This is impractical and too costly for the layperson and the great majority of the population. Trains, buses, and planes still do a better job as all transport the most amount of passengers with the least energy per seat. Only a rich fool would buy and use this concept.:(
Yes, but the concept is a good starting point. Next, they'll offer two-seaters. Then they will offer four-seaters with cargo capacity. If I could take my regular long-distance trips in a fraction of the time it takes me to drive, it's a big win. Plus, for states like California, we have huge problems with overcrowded and deteriorating roads.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
You'll still need a rotorcraft pilot's license, and to buy the thing. If you buy a new one for less than a third of a million bucks, I'll eat the brochure. Without ketchup.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You'll still need a rotorcraft pilot's license, and to buy the thing. If you buy a new one for less than a third of a million bucks, I'll eat the brochure. Without ketchup.
It says 100 orders would be over a billion in sales. So 10 million dollars each?

Would be nice to see an actual functional model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts