GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

3,689 Posts
Prius. Now before you turn your nose away let me explain. There are a lot of them around and you can use it for the next three years and sell it when you buy the Volt. Second and most importantly you are buying the concept of a hybrid. This is a powerful statement. Much like a vote. You are voting against gas. If you think in these terms your friends might forgive you (or you might forgive yourself) for buying a Toyota. We need as many people out there driving hybrids and electrified platforms. The name on the back is not as important. Keep your eye on the prize.

3,689 Posts
Just remember this. When a hybrid is sitting in traffic (and the battery is charged up to its set point) The engine is not running. If you sit in a lot of traffic a hybrid might be the way to go. Plus, you get experience with electric drive. The cost is the purchase price minus the sell price when you are about to buy the Volt. Add to that all the other things but sometimes people forget about the sell price. A Prius has great resale value. I say hybrid! Of course going with the small car concept is also prudent. Not as cool but prudent. Oh, Did I mention that if you get itchy in a few years you can always drive down to the local conversion shop and have some lithium-ion batteries installed in a few hours. Maybe the price will come down significantly in two years. Pure plug-in pleasure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.