GM Volt Forum banner

Which day of the week did you take delivery of your Volt?

• Monday

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Saturday

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Sunday

Votes: 1 1.8%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I actually went shopping for a Volt on a Sunday at a dealership about a mile or so from my home. I test drove and asked for a certain configuration. They said they found one locally and that it would be delivered the next day, on Monday. I put down a $500 deposit. Monday around noon, they called and said the other dealer had already sold it. Later that day, after work, I visit another dealership about 4 miles from my home and found a Volt that I wanted. I closed the deal and took delivery about 9:30 that night, Monday night.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Mine was the regional managers demo. It was very deeply discounted and loaded. The lady had good taste...just what I wanted :)

It took a week of comparison haggling before I leased. Only negative she put a lot of ICE miles on..lifetime ev miles still recovering.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm curious why the day of the week matters. In our case it just happens to have been a Saturday that we went to the dealer and bought the vehicle, but it could just as easily have been any other day.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The first one on a Saturday, the 2nd one on a Thursday.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious why the day of the week matters.
I don't know if or why it matters. If the poll gets a statistically significant sample size and there is a noticeable bias (other than Saturday) it may be interesting to learn why certain days have a higher number than others. It's also just amusing :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
We gave the dealer 4 days to get the car tinted before delivery. They forgot charge the battery? The tint contractor was due on Wednesday.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine was a special order. I believe it left D-Ham on the slow train on a Friday, got to the train depot for unloading on a Wednesday, then took 2 days to transport by truck, and arrived at the dealer on a Friday. I came in the next day, Saturday to sign the papers and drove off in the new ride around 5 weeks after I put down my deposit (June 30th - deposit, August 9th - delivery). AFAIK, they ship out every day from the factory, and it takes anywhere from 1 day to a week to arrive at dealers, between the train ride and the unload process and the local truck ride.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I am not surprised by the distribution. The finance guy at the dealer I bought my volt at told me they do about twice as much business on Saturday as they do on any other day of the week. The results look like most of the days during the week are flat with Saturday being about twice other days.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Most exciting thread since the ........"Does anyone actually put gloves in their glove-box", thread?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts