GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
My personal preference (solely because I haven't used anything else) would be https://scratchwizard.net/
Used it on my black '08 Versa and the color match was pretty on point.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
If you want to be certain of an exact match, buy it from the dealer. The cost is minimal, and so saving a dollar on a poor match isn't worth it. Having said that, depending on how old your car is, you may never get a match out of a bottle.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I purchased AC Delco lacquer touch up paint (Summit White) at my local auto parts store. It comes fitted with a pen tip applicator that can be removed to access the brush inside.

It's touch up paint. Touch up paint rarely matches the color of the vehicle, impossible to apply evenly on a vertical surface without some of the paint running down the side of the affected area. It protects the underlying metal better than not.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I purchased AC Delco lacquer touch up paint (Summit White) at my local auto parts store. It comes fitted with a pen tip applicator that can be removed to access the brush inside.

It's touch up paint. Touch up paint rarely matches the color of the vehicle, impossible to apply evenly on a vertical surface without some of the paint running down the side of the affected area. It protects the underlying metal better than not.
Agreed. A little polishing compound afterwards can help it blend in. It will run less if you just dab it on in little spots with a toothpick.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I went with Touch Up Direct which I believe started in an Auto Body Shop in the Reseda neighborhood of LA. They claim 40 years of experience. It's also a water borne ultra low VOC product so relatively Eco friendly.

It appears to be spot on regarding color for the few touch ups I've done on our 2018 Kinetic Blue.

I got the package that includes primer and clear coat. It's not the cheapest product out there, I will say that.

I like the toothpick method for tiny spots also.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts