GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel incredibly silly asking, but where in the world is the Seatback Release lever? The manual references it, but I can't seem to locate it. There's no picture, so I don't even know what I'm looking for. I'm sure once I find it, I'll never need to search again.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Move the seatbelt from the guide on top of the rear seat and the button's right there.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Yep, seatbelt is likely blocking it.
If you didn't know to move the seatbelt you probably wouldn't know it's there :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
I felt the same way 3 yrs ago. The manual points to it. I saw the sales guy demo it. It took me 30 minutes of back and forth, car, manual, on-line pictures, then ahhhh! Easy after that!

The seatbelt runs right over it, if the belt is in the belt loop on the seat. The lever is a recess right behind the belt loop on top of the seat. You can slide your fingers through the belt loop, then down and release it. With your eyes closed, once you know!

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
As everyone has said the rear shoulder belts are draped over the top of the latches. Move the belt and you see the latch(s).

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
I feel incredibly silly asking, but where in the world is the Seatback Release lever? The manual references it, but I can't seem to locate it. There's no picture, so I don't even know what I'm looking for. I'm sure once I find it, I'll never need to search again.
Manual page 56

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Another related thing that is hard to figure out is how to remove the rear seat head restraints. This can be helpful to allow the front seats to move all the way back with rear seats folded. The trick is that instead of just the one obvious button for adjusting the restraint height, there is another button on the other stalk that is hard to see. Press both while lifting.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, seatbelt is likely blocking it.
If you didn't know to move the seatbelt you probably wouldn't know it's there :)
Oooooh! Sneaky them! I'll be sure to look for it after work today. I've got some cargo payload experiments to conduct. Will be heading to the local shopping mall in my electric sleigh. Ho! Ho! Ho!

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Another related thing that is hard to figure out is how to remove the rear seat head restraints. This can be helpful to allow the front seats to move all the way back with rear seats folded. The trick is that instead of just the one obvious button for adjusting the restraint height, there is another button on the other stalk that is hard to see. Press both while lifting.
I didn't know that....thanks for sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts