GM Volt Forum banner

Where's the Climate Control % on the Gen2?

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  O'Dell 
#1 ·
So I've just bought a 2017 Premier and love the heated steering wheel and extra range and features.

On my Gen1, when I had the screen on Climate. I'd see the % use (from 100% on Max to 1% with seat heater).

I can't find that anywhere on the Gen2 and I've read the manual and searched here.

Did they drop that feature?

Thanks.

#3 ·
If that's the one with the bar graphs, I saw that so decided to switch between Max and Fan and saw no change on the %.

It seems to me those bar graphs measure efficiency over a period of time instead of instant??

#5 ·
On the Volt's Energy Information screen, the third display option as you press/cycle through Energy Usage screen is a pie chart that shows a breakdown of battery usage for driving, climate control and other (battery conditioning.)

#6 ·
I went from a '13 to a '17. THE REAL TIME CLIMATE % DOES NOT EXIST. It is one of my biggest gripes with the Gen 2. Don't waste your time trying to get the same information. You can't. You're going to end up guessing based on incomplete information.

Sure, you can find out how much the climate settings consumed energy as part of your total usage at the end of your trip, but this is not really helpful because it's after the fact and it depends on how much other things impacted your total energy usage (like if you drive VERY efficiently). The Climate "score" is the same way. It's -5 when you turn it on (no matter what setting) and it gradually "evens out" at some point. You can also "infer" your climate usage by MPGe (or watching the kw power meter at a stop light)--but again, not as helpful. Otherwise, the Gen 2 scores for climate energy usage are worthless.

Why they didn't want Gen 2 owners to get REAL TIME climate energy usage (or even tell us whether HEAT or A/C is being used!) is beyond me.

Supposedly the 2019 provided an updated energy screen with more useful information. Anyone with a '19 want to chime in on whether this is provided?

#8 ·
Thanks VoltenRock for confirming my suspicions.

A couple of things I'm missing besides that are the button on the remote to bypass the delayed charging (need to plug, unplug, & plug again within 5 seconds now so at least glad we can still do it). Also miss the HomeLink garage door opener.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.