GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '15 Volt last year and love the Nav system. We now also have a new '16 Volt with Nav. The turn-by turn system is a real turn off, so I bought an LG phone with Lollipop OS as required. Plugged it onto the new car's USB port and... nothing. The phone buzzed but that's it. I expected the "Projection" icon on the DIC to change to "Android Auto". Looking through the settings menu, I found "Apple Carplay", but not the Android Auto selection as described in the user manual.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought a '15 Volt last year and love the Nav system. We now also have a new '16 Volt with Nav. The turn-by turn system is a real turn off, so I bought an LG phone with Lollipop OS as required. Plugged it onto the new car's USB port and... nothing. The phone buzzed but that's it. I expected the "Projection" icon on the DIC to change to "Android Auto". Looking through the settings menu, I found "Apple Carplay", but not the Android Auto selection as described in the user manual.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Android Auto is an upgrade (Free) around March of 2016 according to the Chevy news. I'm waiting for it too.

LG G4

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Android Auto is an upgrade (Free) around March of 2016 according to the Chevy news. I'm waiting for it too.

LG G4
Is that only for 2016 models?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Maybe we can get someone to hack Gen 1 to add Android Auto.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts