GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to Voltstats to show a friend Sparkie and it's missing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
From the Chevy Volt Owners page on Facebook:
Erick Belmer
I no longer have onstar. Not on voltstats any longer. I only drive 80 miles a day. No need to monitor sparkie for mileage change.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The end of an era.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes, Erick dropped his Onstar since he no longer has a long commute. He posted on FB about it. Says when he hit 500000 he'll post a pic :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Volvo used to give the the super high mileage owner of a mid 60's P1800 free cars to be in their ads. I think Volvo got a lot of MILEAGE from that advertising campaign.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Volvo used to give the the super high mileage owner of a mid 60's P1800 free cars to be in their ads. I think Volvo got a lot of MILEAGE from that advertising campaign.
Volvo cars were perhaps the first to have six-digit odometers, when everyone elses had five-digits. It figured prominently in their advertising. Either they, or maybe it was a club, would also give badges to owners to clip to the front grilles after each 100,000 miles.

Wasn't until the mid-1980s that a majority of cars started coming with six-digit odos. (For example, my '86 Porsche has a six-digit odo. But the '85s did not.)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I'm still on Volt stats and don't pay for onstar. I forget what this is called, but it allows me to put minutes in for phone use, with no other onstar service, and it also still updates my car usage information 2x per day. I like having the 2G phone service availalbe when I'm driving in areas with no 4G voice coverage. of course, those 2g towers will go away some day...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Volvo cars were perhaps the first to have six-digit odometers, when everyone elses had five-digits. It figured prominently in their advertising. Either they, or maybe it was a club, would also give badges to owners to clip to the front grilles after each 100,000 miles.
We sold our wonderful '73 Dino Ferrari GT to buy a '73 Volvo 145 wagon to accomodate our new arrival (son) who needed a back seat for his baby seat. In addition to betting the "bends" from the change in altitude between the cars, the Volvo was absolutely the worst new car we've ever owned. Oh wait. We did buy a new '80 Chevy Diesel Impala Wagon, that we gave to charity three years later.

Anyhow, my Volvo experience allowed me to "crack" their secret of "million mile cars!" On Volvos of that era, every 100,000 miles or so, all the major mechanical parts must either have been replaced or rebuilt!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
We sold our wonderful '73 Dino Ferrari GT to buy a '73 Volvo 145 wagon to accomodate our new arrival (son) who needed a back seat for his baby seat. In addition to betting the "bends" from the change in altitude between the cars, the Volvo was absolutely the worst new car we've ever owned. Oh wait. We did buy a new '80 Chevy Diesel Impala Wagon, that we gave to charity three years later.

Anyhow, my Volvo experience allowed me to "crack" their secret of "million mile cars!" On Volvos of that era, every 100,000 miles or so, all the major mechanical parts must either have been replaced or rebuilt!
That was a bad deal, trading a Dino for a Volvo. A 73 Dino is worth $400K-$500K if you still had it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts