GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on installing the cable and plug from the Lear EVSE onto the Clipper Creek board and there are two wires left over, a black/purple wire and a grey/purple wire. Does anyone know where they would go?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Normally, only 4 wires go from plug to EVSE. L1, L2/N, GND, Pilot. If there are two more, maybe Lear wired the handle switch back to the EVSE. Usually the handle switch circuit is wired completely within the J1772 plug. Maybe someone with a Lear can chime in. Otherwise, check the picture. Maybe you can figure out if the wires are only attached to the handle switch. Or open up the handle. You'll need to verify the resistors are present (or not). The plugs I've taken apart have the proximity circuit, with resistors, totally within the plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a total of 5 wires in the cable and I'm thinking the 5th wire is for the light, so it's just a matter of figuring which of the two is the one. The handle is glued together, so I can't peak inside. I noticed on the Clipper Creek board there's a hole marked LED+5, so maybe I can hook up the light, too. :D

·
Registered
907 Posts
Well, if there are 5 wires total, one of the two is Pilot. Which is connected directly to the J1772 pins. You should be able to measure continuity from the plug to the wire to verify Pilot. See the picture for the pin the Pilot signal is connected to.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it, the black/purple is the pilot wire. Thanks for the help, guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts