GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volt_TireInflator.jpg

When I received my 2017 Volt Premier a few weeks ago, neither I nor my sales rep could figure out where to stow the tire inflator tool (see photo) that was included. It doesn't appear to fit anywhere underneath the cargo mat. I'd prefer not to just leave it "lying in the trunk".

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bruce

·
Registered
678 Posts
Toward the rear of the under-floor compartment and slightly to left of center is a long bolt with a large circular black knob on it. The stud goes through the hole in the middle of the inflation kit case and the knob holds it down...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tool I'm referring to may be different from yours (click on the picture I attached for a close-up). With a bit of jiggling, I've placed it sideways beside the long bolt.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Bruce

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Under the floor, on the left side, remove the rectangular cloth bag, put the inflator along with the goo canister inside the bag, then return it into the rectangular hole under the floor.

·
Registered
524 Posts
OPs picture shows the tire inflater. There is also the can of sealant and a cardboard spacer (an extruded "8" shape). All three store in a black fabric bag with the large round nut.
If you didn't get all these items call your dealer.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Or maybe the OP got an extra inflater unit, which is why they can't figure out where to put it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OPs picture shows the tire inflater. There is also the can of sealant and a cardboard spacer (an extruded "8" shape). All three store in a black fabric bag with the large round nut.
If you didn't get all these items call your dealer.
Aha! So that's what the black fabric bag is for! I did indeed receive all of those items, but no one at the dealership knew about what the bag was for or what it should contain. Now I know, thanks to your tip!

Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts