GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The camera lens tend to get smudged. To clean it I'd have to know where it is. Anyone know?

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Stick it in reverse and have a second person use a pointer to find the camera. Try not to run over them.

Getting dog nose prints on it or something? Usually, a car wash does the trick no matter what camera/mirror/window is dirty.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Set the parking brake. Start it, put it in reverse and go back there and watch the screen while pointing around.

There are lots of bad ways to solve this.....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Going out on a limb here, In the rear? :D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
The camera lens is tiny and it is quite possible you looked at it and did not recognize it as such. On a Gen 1 it is just a little button-like bump above the rear plate. Gen 2 can't be that different.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Set the parking brake. Start it, put it in reverse and go back there and watch the screen while pointing around. There are lots of bad ways to solve this.....
The parking brake will automatically release if the accelerator pedal is pressed. Thus, I'd be a bit nervous doing it this way.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Set the parking brake. Start it, put it in reverse and go back there and watch the screen while pointing around.

The parking brake will automatically release if the accelerator pedal is pressed. Thus, I'd be a bit nervous doing it this way.
I think he was being sarcastic...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts

That's horrible advice to post. I assume you're joking but is it worth risking that someone would actually try this and get killed?

·
Registered
948 Posts
That's horrible advice to post. I assume you're joking but is it worth risking that someone would actually try this and get killed?
OK hopefully this will prevent another Darwin Awards story -- see the below pic, the camera is visible on the Volt shown on the Chevy site.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK hopefully this will prevent another Darwin Awards story -- see the below pic, the camera is visible on the Volt shown on the Chevy site.
THANKS!

[No Darwin Award necessary. I remember reading a newspaper article 20 or 30 years ago about a guy who wanted to work on his carburetor while the car was moving at 30 or 40 mph. It didn't end well and the only potentially positive aspect is that it may have happened before reproduction.]

·
Registered
963 Posts
This is called natural selection :)
Like the person who called the Call Center complaining about her computer that doesn't start, to find out in the end that her entire building is having a power outage. The advice of the Call center: "return the computer, you are too dumb to use it" ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts