GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day two with our new 2018 Volt LT! We've been getting it all set up: snow brush, ice scraper, sunglasses, box of Kleenex, . . . all the things we typically keep in our cars. So I'm looking for ideas--where do people tend to put things? Love the Volt so far, but storage space is not exactly abundant.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Day two with our new 2018 Volt LT! We've been getting it all set up: snow brush, ice scraper, sunglasses, box of Kleenex, . . . all the things we typically keep in our cars. So I'm looking for ideas--where do people tend to put things? Love the Volt so far, but storage space is not exactly abundant.

Thanks.
I place the ice scraper and brush in the seat pocket behind the driver's seat. No tissue box, just fast food napkins tucked into the door pockets. (Did you know that the two front door pockets are designed to hold a collapsible umbrella?) Since there is no holder for sunglasses, when I bring my regular glasses for night driving with me I slip the case in the open console in front of the shift lever. I carry a space saver spare, scissor jack, socket and wrench in the hatch storage area. I have a single storage container in the hatch storage area with a tire inflator, flashlight, and lithium jump starter. I have a child-size orange plastic snow shovel that fits behind the rear seats. I rarely if ever carry the OE EVSE in my Volt. In winter, in addition to the scraper, brush and shovel I carry a windshield protector that can be used to keep ice off of the glass. I purchased a set of Snow Socks that I carry in winter against the day that I drive my Volt in the snow and get stuck. That is pretty much not going to happen now as I have decided to stay off the roads until they have been cleared and treated.

·
Registered
897 Posts
We buy a round Kleenex dispenser that fits in cupholders, and put it in one of the center cupholders for the back seat. It's an easy reach for both of us in front, and of course for anyone in back too.

Sunglasses go in the center console or in the door pockets. The garage door opener goes on the inside wall of the driver's door pocket with velcro. It's not visible, but can be easily pressed just by reaching a hand into the door pocket.

We rarely have back seat passengers, and usually then only one. We throw the ice scraper on the floor behind the driver's seat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
You can fit a Kleenex box under the front of the driver's seat. I keep my EVSE, 40ft extension, highway first aid kit (I have a backcountry first aid kit as well with different items in it), and ice scraper on the floor behind the driver's seat. Umbrellas (one for me, one for my wife) are kept in the main dashboard glovebox. I keep napkins in the center console - fast food napkins fit really well there. I have magnetic sunglass clip-ons that I keep on that small shelf under the DIC area. My jumper cables are stored in the "EVSE Storage" compartment in the back. Spare tire is sitting on the floor behind the passenger seat so it doesn't move around.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ice scraper/snow brush and full-size umbrella are in the trunk directly behind the back seats and held in place by an emergency blanket and a spare towel (folded up) that we use to protect the carpeting if carrying something messy (like plants from the nursery). Sun glasses go in either the glove compartment or inside the front armrest. We buy small packs of kleenex and put one in each door pocket. Also have disposable rain ponchos, notepad, and pen in the glove compartment. Driving gloves are in the armrest next to the driver.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I carry very little in my car. Don't carry an umbrella because on the west coast when we get rain it is usually just a misty rain so not worth the trouble (although I might pick up a cheap one to put in the "umbrella pocket"). What's an ice scraper? (Just kidding, I used to live in Manitoba so know about winter from decades back memory.) A ten cent pack of Kleenex in the glove box is plenty as you don't normally get runny noses here. A tire gauge. Lithium jumper pack under the front seat in its cloth pouch. Cloth shopping bags and soft side cooler bag in cargo. No garbage in my cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts